A question about animal naming

Started by Argus Leadhead, February 05, 2016, 12:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argus Leadhead

I tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything relevant to my question so here it goes.

When one of my colonists tames an animal, it is always named (animal type) (number) ex. Ewe 1

Are my colonists really so unoriginal that they just call the animal by what it is and a number or should they be naming them proper pet names like fluffy or dingus or whatever else an appropriate pet name would be?

The starting animal always has a name, but any newly tamed ones are just a number.

Help?

skullywag

This will be addressed in alpha 13. There was a bug in the nuzzle based code.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Argus Leadhead

Ok.  Cool, thanks. 

I seriously couldn't find anything on this so I was thinking I was the only one having this issue.  Glad it'll be addressed.

Thanks again.

A Friend

The guy that provided the fix also got a download link for it for A12. So ya don't have to wait long for A13.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17094.0
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

TLHeart

Just be careful with that britnot fix of the nuzzle bug, as breaks any modded animals.

harpo99999

I have not had any issues with the nuzzlefix & modded animals, but I did load the fix before the animal mods.

Grimandevil

alternatively, u can go in the devs mode and nuzzle-name it with a tool.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.