[Mod Request] Places of worship

Started by AllenWL, February 06, 2016, 10:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenWL

I wanted to make a savage cannibal tribe, and it has come to my attention that savage cannibal tribes are not so easy to make. For one thing, having low-tech weapons makes it difficult to fight, especially without overwhelming numbers. For another, there is a distinct lack of low-tech 'savage' things. No matter how good your mace-wielding brawlers are, that inferno-cannon centipede probably won't be going down anytime soon, and the elite-body-armored, charge-rifle pirate will do a number on your people before going down. And we're not even talking about the snipers, or the packs of crazy man-eating rabbits.
Heck, without some body armor, you won't even be taking out that lone scyther without casualties, and armored vests, personal force-fields, or futuristic space-armor doesn't really have that 'man-eating savage' feel, you know?

So I thought, what could be used to give a group of savage man-eaters a edge against things totally out of their league(tech-wise)?

And I thought, why not worshiping?
Basically, building various shrines where colonists can worship on to get various buffs and 'blessings' for a while, boosting their efficacy. So before going out to war, they can pray at a shrine and get a boost in their consciousness, or a blessing that removes pain, or whatever.
Would this sort of thing be possible?

lude

I dunno, I guess it'd be possible somehow but have you tried Powerless and Adaption Refusal? (the latter has to be researched with devmode debug finish) it adds slag armor and wasteland savageness, the other just adds nice stuff for low tech

Azrail_Iroa

and against the mechs u simply could use hat blitz mod which mostly prevent mechs it can still come some but there are rare like hell ( one mech attack in 6 years my best ;) ) and i did the cannibal colony too with brawlers but i used turrets from extra turrets i believe the sniper turrets are godlike ;) instead of that u could use long corridors with traps may theres a mod with more traps

AllenWL

Powerless doesn't have what I want(powerless smithing or tailoring, raw food storage, to name a few), and I haven't tried adaptation refusal, but I'm trying for a rustic-feel savages, not gun-toting ones. Though, I might try it out if I can't find anything.

I don't want to prevent mechs, not really. If worse comes to worse, I can rush them with tons of huskies or something like that. Turrets, again, I want to go low-tech as possible, not just brawler cannibals. Plus, I don't like auto-defenses. I might use traps, but only for delaying and/or reducing numbers a bit.

lude

adaption refusal doesn't offer weapons, or at least I haven't found them yet in the production chain, only armor made from slag as well as food and electricity made from iron, places of worship

hmmm there's a Party starter mod with a big bonfire which gives a thought, perhaps it would be possible to write a comp for thoughts that checks for them and adds buffs based on the thoughts "I feel blessed by Kal'Ur Ashokal" which is rubbish for Karl of the Karl.

but how will you survive the winter without month long lasting torches and campfires? @ powerless
i haven't found any tailoring or smithing related recipes
it only has a wooden shiv, a shit bow, some kind of scarf and the rest is pretty archaic, making charred wood for building, it's something people thousands of years ago did or people that still hunt with spears but don't have access to iron or good rocks

it also offers powerles cremation, light from "holy rocks" and it's cooking is also pretty "neolithic"

or I misunderstood and powerless smithing, tailoring etc is what you re missing

just add it

I swear, there is no other mod

but the places of worship idea is neat

the party bonfire turns drafted people into party goers that start playing guitar, drinking and then get a mood buff it should be possible to write a compworker that somehow oes something with that

my colonies usually live rustic and like norbals for a long time, also perhaps adding norbals as a  faction might be nice, they're vikings and rather lowtech as well, especially with skullywag's medieval shield mods they're fun to be around

oh just saw the three weapon recipes adaption refusal adds, just don't use  the algae battery, it's the workstation for it and they're weapons you will see in game either way, i only use the working bench for the armor crafted from slag plates

no matter how retarded your archaic tribe will be, i doubt they'll fail at fitting big slagplates as armor,  but beside that there's medieval and archaic stuff added by some mods