TV

Started by JimmyAgnt007, February 04, 2016, 09:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyAgnt007

This started as a cheap idea then I kept having more ideas.

Given that there are TVs then how about cameras and such so we can have our people make their own shows.  Have a colonist with a camera in the gun slot and have them record things.  Record surgery for a medical show, hunting for redneck TV, really anything can be turned into entertainment.  A theater zone so that pawns can participate in fictional productions.  Nothing too complex, just a few pawns talking or fake shooting weapons in front of the camera.  Just something that could bring a lot more fun to the colony.

_Shadowcat_

"Recorded with stage fright" -20

Colonist has gone berserk!

JimmyAgnt007

Camera guy films berserk rage. +20 Excellent footage -20 witnessed allies death

_Shadowcat_

+20 watched violent show
-20 watched ally death x2

JimmyAgnt007

Man that guy is killing every... wait... is that next door?  Oh damn.

Man I hate being a prisoner.  At least we got a TV, lets see whats on.  Are they harvesting Phils organs?  they said they were taking him to a nicer cell!

jzero

ooh how about we show the prisoners footage of a happy colony they would want to join instead of the dark, filthy, blood covered, organ farm that it is. BOOM Recruiting boost
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

StorymasterQ

Why all the movies about violence? Why can't we have footage of "Having private time" instead?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Keychan

Seems like a fun idea. Looks like a joy activity, but it could also be a job.  Have a pawn dedicated to running around with a camera and recording other people doing their jobs.  With all the new events coming up, this would be interesting.  Recording social arguments, marriages, and even battles maybe.

Going into more babbling brainstorming
Put in Historian (Recording?) table.  Two job types, writing and recording.  Recording requires a camcorder or camera.  Job queue to walk around colony and mingle for recording.  Like sculpting or crafting, but with the pawn running around for a while collecting info for a project.  What they observe, be it hunting, cooking, or surgeries, affects the overall project.  Finished project drops a respective item to the work, book or recording.  Books can be put onto a bookshelf for joy use.  Recordings require a working television.  Both will have little stories like sculptures depending on events during the production.

JimmyAgnt007

maybe even a simple database, the more you record the more people get from watching TV.  so several hunting shows or battles is better than just one. 

also could be listed as artwork, have a laser disk item that is made whenever someone composes a documentary or movie.  but takes a lot of footage to make.