Recipies with multiple outcomes?

Started by oblivionmasta, October 23, 2014, 11:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oblivionmasta

Hello,
i'd like to know if its possible to make a recipie, which depending on the ressources used during the recepie, will give a deffrent outcome or do i have to program each and every one?. Example: I craft a rifle A with a scope skit which gives Scoped rifle A, but if in the same recepie i use rifle B i get scoped Rifle B.

JuliaEllie

I think thats how the specialProduct thing works for butchering but ILSpy only gives a bunch of useless iterators so I cant look at the class properly.

oblivionmasta

Hmm looks like i will be doing some testing with butchering.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: oblivionmasta on October 24, 2014, 11:53:57 PM

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

oblivionmasta

Quote from: StorymasterQ on October 26, 2014, 09:33:47 PM

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context.

HAHAHAHA you are so right!

Facepunch

Bit of a necropost, my apologies, but I wanted to comment on this.
A few days ago, me and my friend were walking to class, discussing games, when suddenly this game came to mind. We stopped (Unknowingly) by 4 or 5 teachers, I explained to him how I solved one of my food issues. My prisoners were eating too much food, and my colonists were starting to go hungry. So, I started feeding my prisoners...To my prisoners. I also made their clothes out of fellow prisoners. Then I realized the teachers had overheard me, they'd stopped talking and were all kinda just looking at me. I hurried along before they could ask questions. Just another reason I love Rimworld.

Adamiks

Quote from: Facepunch on January 23, 2015, 10:44:14 PM

Bit of a necropost, my apologies, but I wanted to comment on this.
A few days ago, me and my friend were walking to class, discussing games, when suddenly this game came to mind. We stopped (Unknowingly) by 4 or 5 teachers, I explained to him how I solved one of my food issues. My prisoners were eating too much food, and my colonists were starting to go hungry. So, I started feeding my prisoners...To my prisoners. I also made their clothes out of fellow prisoners. Then I realized the teachers had overheard me, they'd stopped talking and were all kinda just looking at me. I hurried along before they could ask questions. Just another reason I love Rimworld.

Well..... When someone is talking about butchering people, eating people and then about creating clothes from their skins, you should know that something happens.

Rimworld will create a new generation of psychopath kids ;D

RawCode

This require custom build game (or bytecode hack) or custom recipe infrastructure.

second way if huge overhead and require you to implement your own "job driver" and all types about job, just to redirect control to other "result calculation" method.

IkeaSwede

I want the scare ways of old back.. I miss the good ol days where you left scary shit in there and beat them daily and somehow managed to recruit them.
characters with weaker minds should be beaten to recruitment though..
and the characters with psycho traits should enjoy it!

Edit; And with the upcoming patch, beatings would make rebels more / less likely to rebell