Drafted colonists not autotargetting mechanoids in flames and EMP stunned

Started by Cazakatari, February 05, 2016, 11:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cazakatari

In my attached save/world I ran into a bug where my drafted colonists would cease to autotarget caterpillars (they were in range and line of sight too because I can force target them)  The only thing that seems to be causing it is the fact that the caterpillers are in/on fire while also being stunned from EMP grenades.  I don't know if it is the combination of fire and EMP, but to me it seems more related to the fires.  This was the second mechanoid raid that it happened (I also reloaded the save a few times to see if it would repeat and it did).

Any help regarding this behavior or confirmation that it's a bug would be greatly appreciated!  The save file is over 8 mb so I can't attach it, but I'll gladly email or get it to someone by another means if you want

TLHeart

Fire breaks line of sight, therefore pawns will not target as they can not see the enemy.

Cazakatari

That seems reasonable, but why can I sometimes force target them, and why can the caterpillars shoot while my colonists stand there like idiots?

Britnoth

I believe pawns do not target enemies that are busy being on fire, as enemies on fire are not in a position to be shooting back at them....

Which is a good decision most of the time. You can always force target them if you wish.

ison

There was a bug where pawns wouldn't target burning pawns. Fixed.