[Mod Reqest] Storage overhaul

Started by Azrail_Iroa, February 05, 2016, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azrail_Iroa

Hi guys i have no experience with modding so i need one of you guys which can do something like that.

im looking for a storage mod which can store huge amount of things. Atm im using deep storage from md2 but it cant storage everything.... and well we all know it at some point of the game / manhunter pack/ oh yeah another 50k meat.... i dont know where to get that stuff allrady and need huge rooms just for storage meat ;)

i would like to see a 1x1 storage shelf which can hold of lots of thing or just everything of one item which u can define like a normal storage area. so as example.

research deep storage I:
1x1 shelf with 225 capacity - 300 research points needed - 75 material of your choise

research deep storage II:
1x1 shelf with 450 capacity - 600 reseach points needed - 150 materials

research deep storage III:
1x1 shelf with 900 capacity - 1200 reseach points needed - 300 materials

research deep storage IV:
1x1 shelf with 1800 capacity - 2400 pinots needed - 600 materials

and so on to deep storage 10, something like that which an end of maybe a 50k storage?

it would be good if it had a new tab in the menu i would hate to see all storage solutions together with beds and stuff

lude

There is https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0 Miscelleanous it adds a nano storage option, MAI+Robots also adds Hauling, Cleaning and Plantcutting drones.

Azrail_Iroa

im using mai+robots too cause of hauling bots but 10 times x 75 are only 750 units md2 deep storage brings with the last research 2325 storage but like i said im ending up with groups of raiders and staff which giving around 20-50k on stuff so this solutions are a little bit tiny for me :) atm im hanging around 300k silver 16k metal and so on oh well and im at 60k meat ;) so i thx fpr this ones but like i say i need bigger storage then that :)

lude

hmmm would be nice, can nano storage store everything?
I can help you in two ways
change item stack size to 999 or 9999 whichever works (or a size you'd like if it works that big)
I can also change the storage sizes on the deep storage and nanostorage or tell you how to do it and which tool to imho use (notepadd++)

Grimandevil

Containers For Stuff
1x1 storages with 10 stacks. u can change stacks count, tho its limited by 15 stacks in the dll.

anyway why u need to store all the crap. sell it.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Azrail_Iroa

why i need to store it is easy i dont think i wanna give the traders all my stuff as a present normaly when im selling stuff its worth 40k-90k but the highest trader i have ( its fpr textiles) 11k so thats mostly okay but the other traders mostly have 4-6k and i dont think i wanna give them presents ;) i have no experience with modding or something like that so if u could tell me or doing it would be nice :)

lude

you can find the xml files to be changed under mods/core/defs/thingdef/ or respective mods/whateverthemod/defs/thingdef

if you're going to change things from core/defs/thingdefs it might be best to make a small and very simple mod, there is a tutorial on the help forum

my advice is to use notepad++ it's a good editor with plugin capability (to compare files with each other and see the differences, merging, all kind of great stuff)

if you're up to it, try for yourself if not i'll do it

<stacksize>  </stacksize> is what you're looking for i think

Azrail_Iroa

i tried a bit with with the extended storage mod seems to work somehow but only one slot worked the second slot still hold on 75. will try to make something read the help and its like oh theres text fine for me ;P will try a bit on my own to get this done but atm i have no clue i think i will look at a few mods may i get a clue of it when not im gonna ask for youre help :)

oh right it seems it can handle big numbers like 50k  it doenst seems it have problems with that ;) but now its rly unballanced ^^

lude

at least having stack sizes in triple or quadruple digit length is pretty nice and helpful, tho meals i only have at 25 per stack which is also already unbalanced ^^

you might be interested in Tool for the Haul

but make a savegame before introducing it
if it causes "ran out of cells to process" it won't be compatible which results in endless lag when large amount of pawns spawn

Azrail_Iroa

for hauling im using the allow tool its a great tool for that xD just click drag and yay haul everything instead of clicking and pressing f all the time xD whats this error? im kinda run into it but i deleted then the walllights nd everything was fine again so whats causes this error cause at my last colony i had it at a time like i said i deleted the wall lights from aditional lightning end it was back to normal

lude

hmmm don't know that error, dunno it's also hard to track it without output/error log

I also use that mod and recently got into the position of testing "hauling priority designator" i hope it's publicly available soon because it's really great
you can just click and drag to instantly make every hauler haul weapons/apparel or just everything you designate