Mod help!

Started by TheRampageKiller, February 07, 2016, 11:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRampageKiller

Imma just get straight to the point

Well, I have problems with my mods. People say mod folders are meant to look like this (not going to type it in) . but they never show what they start like. To get to my mod folder it looks like this rimworld -> rimworld914win -> mods, then all my mods are there. Is that how the mod folder is supposed to look like, if not. How to fix?
Rampage, Ex-Mercenary, Served in the war of 5495.

skullywag

Yes that is correct and inside the mod folder the structure should be yourmodname/about/about.xml
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

TheRampageKiller

Quote from: skullywag on February 08, 2016, 03:19:11 AM
Yes that is correct and inside the mod folder the structure should be yourmodname/about/about.xml

It's like that, but it's still not working. .-.

skullywag

Does your mod show in the mods screen?

TheRampageKiller

Quote from: skullywag on February 10, 2016, 03:15:16 AM
Does your mod show in the mods screen?
Yes, It currently does.

skullywag

If its showing on the mods screen but nothing is working them 1 of 2 things has happened. Your mod folder structure isnt right or the mod contains nothing. Paste the path to the about.xml file from your mod itll instantly tell is if thats the issue.

isistoy

What kind of mod? Is it made by you? What are you expecting it to do? What's the problem?
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

TheRampageKiller

Quote from: isistoy on February 11, 2016, 04:11:34 AM
What kind of mod? Is it made by you? What are you expecting it to do? What's the problem?
Blitzpack, Not made by me, Don't know the problem, but the interface/prepare carefully/rtg's mods are playing up

isistoy

I meant : "describe your problem" more precisely... Until now, we can't help you if you don't.

You have mods installed into <Rimworld914Win>\Mods\
--> Edb Interface
--> Edb Prep...
--> Blitzpack

you should also see
--> Core

You apparently see all of them in the mods menu of the game.
Some mods are "working".
If you could upload the output log file from your installation (<Rimworld914Win>\<RimWorld914Win_Data\output_log.txt>), maybe we can help with your problem?
And give us a better description, i.e. "This mod should get me this action/menu in game, but I don't see it", "the game crashes", "I can play the game but I see a lot of errors in log window", etç...
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>