(Mod request)Ability to craft modded weapons and armor

Started by EnderMender, February 13, 2016, 12:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnderMender

It would be great if you could have the ability to create modded weapons and armor.

I know that there is mods that work with vanilla weapons and armor but i don't know of any thing that works for A12D that works with modded stuff. So it would be great if someone could make something that works with modded stuff.

If there is a mod that does this please tell me.

Toggle

Why are you making the text so big...

And I know people have thought of modded weapons, not armour though. There was def stuff done with modded weapons but I don't know if anything has been released.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

EnderMender

ZOMBIE2 i might have a idea on how to do it like in other games weapons such as guns are put in categories e.g smg,HMG. all of that so if you put a tag on the guns like on a smg it is tagged as a smg it would be a small thing that modders would have to code but if you add that tag to the gun it would be possible to do this but i don't know about armor.

Toggle

Uh, that kind of ignores all the coding for adding it, how the attachments work (Such as do you just craft the attachment onto them on a recipe table and then have it an entirely new xml gun, but with a bit different stats?) and such.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Grimandevil

U know, it would be great if there was an actual weapons _crafting_ mod, where weapons not made from a piece of metal or wood.
by crafting i mean: producing weapon parts, assembling the whole piece; with each step affecting result quality.
e.g. u made some good quality barrels, desired weapon frame, some abstract universal gun parts (whatever fits u), then assemble it into a good or worse quality gun.
Maybe even add gunsmith profeciency..
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

AllenWL