How to update game?

Started by robertsc, February 28, 2016, 04:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertsc

I feel really dumb, but I cannot find an archive on the site to update to version 0.12.094 (or something like that).  Im on version 0.11

help Xx.

cultist

You don't update the game, you just download the new version. Then you delete the old version and then install the new one. You can transfer save files, but it's not recommended as it's almost guaranteed to bug out somehow.

Coenmcj

G'day! To update rimworld, you'll want to go redownload the game from your sendowl link that you will have received when you purchased the game, if you can't find this link, you can go to this page found on the main page under the support tab.
If you're in the system, the link will be resent to your email and you can download the latest version, this link is used for every version of rimworld and never goes out of date, however, you will not be able to download a previous version again, so if you plan on keeping A11, keep ahold of a copy!
Have a good day! :)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

JigglyMelons

So I've been playing for a while but I don't necessary read a lot of the things I get, what happens when I run out of downloads on the SendOwl link for a certain platform?

Toggle

The amount of downloads is only per alpha. Say our current one, alpha 12. There was an alpha 12a, 12b, 12c, and 12d, sometimes it goes a bit past that, but when Alpha 13a is released, you get the downloads refreshed, so 7 new ones.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: JigglyMelons on February 29, 2016, 01:30:42 PM
So I've been playing for a while but I don't necessary read a lot of the things I get, what happens when I run out of downloads on the SendOwl link for a certain platform?

You can send an email to support asking them to reset your download counter if you've run out and need more.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created