[Mod request] A western look to rimworld

Started by Justas love, February 15, 2016, 10:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justas love

Here is what im allways thinking when im trying to make a western look town:

Animal pastures with animal food storages, poles with string so that your animals (horses) would stay near it, horses (ofcourse =D), Beards, pipes (from were u smoke from, I have the mod marijuana, but i don't think that's the same feel), dual pistols (revolvers), sambrero's, ponchos, old civilian clothing, diffrent varieties of cowboy hats, a special event - dual (when 2 guys have a shootout, ik this won't be a thing, but that would be AWESOME), carts, barrels, water towers (that holds food, but pretends to hold water :DD), .

For those that think these things are completely useless, I just want this type of mod to make a new theme to Rimworld

I swear if this gets made I will kill myself

Toggle

Killing yourself may prevent you from playing the mod if it does get made, just a warning.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Justas love

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on February 15, 2016, 12:35:12 PM
Killing yourself may prevent you from playing the mod if it does get made, just a warning.
Thank you. Kappa

Massive undertaking, who knows, maybe someday someone will do something like this. It would definitely be very very cool, Rimworld Wild West  ;D Remove drop pods, remove ship story (maybe replace it with building a wagon convoy), cosmetic overhaul, what could go wrong?
+1

Toggle

Yeah the thing is, there's a lot of big mod requests, but realistically most modders will do small mod requests, or stuff they find interesting or want added themself right. There's been quite a few overhaul mod requests, as in they want different textures and guns and armour and such to fit themes like this western theme, but most of the current modders are unlikely to do it so it would have to be up to a new modder or the suggester.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

AllenWL

You can find a few weapon mod with old western-style weapons. No duel pistols, but there are revolvers.
I think there's a clothing mod somewhere that might have western-style clothes. Not sure.
There's a fence mod somewhere, so while you can't tie animals to it, you can make stables and such.
A pasture can be made by selecting a large plot of ground, than planting stuff like dandelions on it, then sending your animals there to graze.
You can probably edit the description and textures in the marijuana mod to make pipes.
There is a mod that adds carts. No barrels though.
You could make a storage tower by getting one of those storage mods, building a 'tower' and putting the storage thing inside the  tower.
I don't think a event where two people(who would most likely be colonists that you need) shoot the crap out of eachother would be as awesome as it seems. Maybe the first time, but then it'd get annoying sooner or later.

Justas love

Yes i did use some of those mods, i think that the dual event should only happen when a colonist goes berzerk.

Headshotkill

I think the Western theme already died of a long time ago, it made room for more spacey stuff.