[1.0] Clutter ("Was i a squieerl ?" December 20, 2018)

Started by mrofa, February 16, 2016, 02:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman666

Add to that ugly walls, no proper windows, no Clutter floors... His structure stuff really makes your colony look properly nice.

Ruisuki

Arvkus

How's the progress on 1.0 update? If you're still busy maybe I can do an update patch.

mrofa

Hey guys yehh i kinda burnt out with rimworld, will update to 1.0 thrugh.
Hands and doors are already up
All i do is clutter all around.

Canute

Let makerror start with his update.
He can send you his work later or update the whole at his own if you allow it.

mrofa

Madman666

YEEEEEEESS! Mrofa's backkk!!!

Now, i just need those sweet walls, windows and furniture and my houses will actually look like houses again.

Madman666

I know you're burned out on RW, but can i ask you to check, if your doors can be compatible with Paint Shop mod by Dubswise? It allows to paint doors\walls\apparel\floors to any color. It does work with your doors, but for some reason they don't change color until you save-reload the game. Just in case you have a spare moment. Thanks.

Here' s the link to Paint Shop mod.

mrofa

Sure can look at it, could you run a little test thrugh and build side and front doors and see if they change colors. Also try to change color(if possible) of not yet fully build doors.

Madman666

Already done that. No, they don't change color at all, until you reload the game. The color of not fully built doors does change! (Frames). When they complete construction however - they still take the color after material they built of, until you reload.

Do you plan eventually porting all of your mods to 1.0? Like Walls and Lockers, holo stands and etc.

mrofa

Dont worry Mad i got bold plan to do it before xmas xD
I got windows and walls already done and if i dont find any more problems with them will upload them tomorrow.
Furniture and after that your color change thingy

Madman666

Darn, you really made my evening, man. I looooove your stuff.

Malacai

Hey, i had a bug with your doors. I loaded your mod into an existing save but it didnt work properly, even after saving and restarting the game.
The permit system worked just fine for my colonists, but prisoners wouldnt go through any doors even though they were allowed to. It worked just fine with the Locks mod before i installed clutter. I tried it with existing and new doors, but still didnt work.
Clutter was loaded as one of the last mods, after Locks, in case that matters.

mrofa

Quote from: Malacai on December 19, 2018, 02:34:59 PM
Hey, i had a bug with your doors. I loaded your mod into an existing save but it didnt work properly, even after saving and restarting the game.
The permit system worked just fine for my colonists, but prisoners wouldnt go through any doors even though they were allowed to. It worked just fine with the Locks mod before i installed clutter. I tried it with existing and new doors, but still didnt work.
Clutter was loaded as one of the last mods, after Locks, in case that matters.

Its not a bug it's a feature :D
I didnt look thrugh the new vanilia code but in a18 atleast it was a vanillia thing that wouldnt allow prisoners to open or pass thrugh doors.
Locks Mod do rewrite that, there is a compatibility mod on Lock Mod page for clutter doors it might fix it, thrugh im not 100% sure.

Madman666
Mate did look at paint thingy, cant do the coloring thing without some big code rewrites, but i can add a button to doors to take a color of connected wall.

Updated windows and structures to 1.0

Madman666

Yeah, adding a button to take on wall color would be enough, i guess. Actually since realoding save game actually does apply the color you chose - can you just make sort of a "refresh graphic state" button, that forces the door to reload the texture? I mean if realoding the save applies the color properly, then forcing to refresh it should do the same?

Also awesome news on the update. I really missed those.