[1.0] Clutter ("Was i a squieerl ?" December 20, 2018)

Started by mrofa, February 16, 2016, 02:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

publicuser

ThiiSoul

Madman666

I talked with Dubswise about compatibility of Clutter doors with his Paint Shop mod and he said it should be incredibly easy to make doors change their color. He said he uses game's default Notify_ColorChanged() function, for his mods features. I don't understand much, since i am pretty new at c#, but maybe that'll help you?

He also said that making a button which makes doors copy wall's color is a lot more work.

mrofa

publicuser:
Nexus yes, as for github i dont have one so no

ThiiSoul:
Soon mate

Madman666:
Still looking into it
All i do is clutter all around.

Madman666

Thank you for your time, man, i really appreciate it.

Madman666

By the way, turns out your walls are also impervious to painting with Dubs Paint Shop mod. Can perhaps look into that as well? I mean your Panel Reinforced Walls.

mrofa

The color thing uses mask and they have it black thats why you dont see the color, nor stuff color, like gold or wood, which is wierd since i remmber doing the mask for them a while ago :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Madman666

Well its fine for utility walls (i mean they look great as they are), but reinforced panel walls do take after material colour, but they aren't registered by paint tool. Probly cause they use  custom class\def that tool doesn't recognize

Madman666

Got a couple of small visual glitches to report. Happens with utility walls from time to time. Here s the screens:

[attachment deleted due to age]

ThiiSoul

how can I find the def files of the "reinforced wall" to be able to modify? in the "def" files "clutter structure does not have it. It is very expensive and takes a long time to build.  :'(

Madman666

Cause its beautiful and has crapton of HP. You won't find it in the defs, most of mrofa's stuff is coded in c#.

Tenshi~Akari

Very nice to see these mods finally getting the update treatment.

Quick questions: Any chance on Smoothed Walls getting the little "door jamb" treatment like the rest of the walls? Also smoothed walls getting a window option as well?  Asking for in-mountain building / cave world folks... not that it's essential, but would be nice to see.  ;)

ThiiSoul

Quote from: Madman666 on December 27, 2018, 02:55:34 AM
Cause its beautiful and has crapton of HP. You won't find it in the defs, most of mrofa's stuff is coded in c#.
And dont can change the cost? and worktime ;-;

Madman666

Quote from: ThiiSoul on December 27, 2018, 02:01:50 PM
And dont can change the cost? and worktime ;-;

Actually seems i was wrong. If you dig in Structure.xml file in Thingdefs folder you can tweak some values at least for fences. But Utility walls and probly Panel Reinforced ones i think are mostly hidden behind some c# shenanigans :P

In all honesty i think they should require a lot of work and resources. They are really tough, sappers will probably have to bomb them for ages.