[1.0] Clutter ("Was i a squieerl ?" December 20, 2018)

Started by mrofa, February 16, 2016, 02:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThiIsMe007

Hello,

I am very interested in your clutter/furniture mod, and will probably also try your clutter/structure mod, since they both seem to go (visually) together.

I have to ask though : what does the "clutter/misc" mod do ? I checked on the Nexus, and the description here, and couldn't figure it out.

Also, I am currently using the Redist Heat mod from Latta/Morgloz : should I expect major issues with your clutter mods ?

Thank you very much for sharing your mods with us.

mrofa

ThiIsMe007:
Misc base adds a plasma power generator with its own mechanic and plasma spoonge for fire supprestion.
Misc hands or whatever i called it add hands to weapon wielding humanoids.

As for redist heat, this are redist heat issues which i cant fix from my end, thrugh i did give Morgloz couple bugs i did find.
So you need to test it :D
All i do is clutter all around.

ThiIsMe007

Thank you for your reply, and letting me know what the "misc base/hands" part of your mod does.

I decided to keep your mod (with "Redist Heat"), despite the potential bugs, because I now know both mods are still being updated. Also I don't mind experimenting somewhat, and your furniture is really too sweet-looking to pass on so easily.

Oragepoilu

Hello,

I have a problem with the added furniture ; Unlike some previous version, it now come with a new station to make them. However, if a "Small table" ask for 24 steel and 16 other parts, I'm forced to check the "Steel" as allowed and people just use steel for the "16 parts" instead of whatever I want to use to make the table, like , silver (to increase the beauty).

It do not happen each time, but it do happen a lot.

I see a book shelf/small freezer/ trash bin in the tab of the building UI, and I also see it in the bill tab of the furniture assembler.
So I wonder if I have a mod conflict that stop me from being able to use the furniture tab to place directly the furniture with the material of choice, or it's just something that have been forget and furniture should only be made from the furniture assembler.

In any case, I'm forced to do some dirty trick to make my pawn choose the right material, so is it possible to have all the furniture on the furniture tab ? It might be simple xml edit to allow it, but I don't really know; I don't mod myself.

mrofa

Updated Clutter Furniture to 2.2.3

Oragepoilu:
To much copy/plaste after a14 update :D
But your right, this 3 things should be only in build menu.

As for silver, i cant really do anything directly, thing is that vanilia adds natural cost multiplayer to some stuff, in case of silver,gold and uranium its 20x cost, so if i put cost of 1 silver in xml, it will still cost 20 silver in game. And i cant add diffrent ammount cost for each material in this system :/

Main idea was to use something like "small chunk pices" from old clutter, but it did end up as disaster , since almost no one read the description :D
Will thinker on it but i cant promiss anything

Pilz

Hey, love your mod!

Are there plans to add a 2 person slab bed? It seems unfair to give the single guys a great looking bed while the couples have to tumble between the vomit green sheets of the standard bed.

Oragepoilu

mrof I am sorry if I wasn't clear.

the fact that you make your furniture out of multiple material in a bill tab mean that if "Furniture_A" cost "24 unit of steel" and "16 material", you will be forced to allow the use of "steel" as an acceptable material in the bill tab; by doing so, you allow your pawn to use some "Steel" as the right choice for the "16 material" while it's obvious using some other material, like silver is better (or something else, it doesn't matter).

For a weapon, like a vanilla sword, when you check the material needed it will be something like "140 material". Then a player can allow a material of choice, and the sword will be made of it. For a chair, because you place manually on the map after choosing the material (steel, wood, etc) the game won't allow a pawn to use anything else beside what you choose - again, it's how it should be.

With this mod, you cannot disallow the use of steel, and you pawn will either take silver or steel while you only want to use silver as the material of choice. Because of this, furniture will have a lower rate of beauty/value and have a way lower impact.

the rate (x1 => x20) have no importance here.

Having a special material (small chunk piece) made of steel, replacing the "24 steel" with the same cost, would solve this as long as you do not allow this new material to be used for the "16 material". Or you know, using the normal furniture tab/building like vanilla.

ColombianHill

mrofa

Quote from: ColombianHill on July 30, 2016, 08:44:47 AM
Purple box texture with just CCL + Clutter mods active.

http://pastebin.com/RLUzuDW4

Yep im getting blind ...
Thx for reporting that, did make a quick fix its on sendspace update atm

Oragepoilu:
Yehh steel substitute will be better

ColombianHill

Oh fast reply, thanks man, the mod looks really cool.

ColombianHill

Link for the fix? I re-downloaded but still same issue.

mrofa

ColombianHill

Still not working I created a new colony with just CCL + Clutter, same issue after exiting the game and re-loading.

http://pastebin.com/bFxtYk5H

mrofa

Disable all mods except Core, restart game, then firstly activate CCL and then clutter, and restart the game.
Other than that i dont know whats wrong. I dont see any errors in outputlog