[Mod Request] Pilotable mech

Started by AllenWL, February 17, 2016, 01:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenWL

While looking through the mods, I found mods for droids/robots, a mod for mountable animals and carts, and a mod for mechs piloted by enemy factions.

Well, it was possible to have robots and control them, it was possible to put colonists into things and control them, enemy factions could pilot mechs, so... why not mechs colonists can pilot?

There could be a research to build one or parts bought from traders(or both I suppose), and you would plop a colonist inside one to move it. I don't think they should need power, because I think it'll be annoying(colonist pilots mech to the other side of the map, runs out of juice...) but there could be something like a nuclear power core or whatever. Main use would obviously be combat, but if it was possible to have mechs for other jobs, it would be pretty cool.
On getting destroyed, it would explode, heavily injuring or killing the rider and others nearby. Or just get broken and colonist ejected I suppose.

Would a mod like this be possible?

The_Fallen_One

It is something that I would be interested in playing with. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of modding experience and have no idea where to start. However, I will look into it for you.
Me-"I'm learning other languages to help me code"
Both teachers-"No don't"

Encouragement at it finest.

Creator of the heavy defences mod

Kadrush

Tools for hauling allows you to place saddles on your creatures and riding them. You can place a saddle on a tammed Rhino and ride it, or you can place a saddle on a Yorkshire and do the same (which is funny and a bit cruel if i might add).

roy2x

Someone do this please. I wanna live my dream of being a mechwarrior in Rimworld.

Jdalt40

You could easily make it like the cryostasis pods we already have, just make it like the MAI robot (that robot changes from a object to a entity easily). The only problem you would have is holding the crew data due to it being converted to a entity meanwhile a entity entered a object... Although you could make it something like what the trading system does in Rimworld (saves the item or entity until the trader ship leaves so you can buy it back). Just my thoughts :)