[Request] Longer months

Started by Lynsis, February 17, 2016, 02:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynsis

was wondering if there was someone out there who could make the months in rimworld 20-30 days long, i've already done some forum searching and the only post i've found requesting this is this one https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7545.5 with no answer as to if there is a mod created to do this.

Toggle

Julia pretty much summed it up it seems. Basically, it would be annoying as hell to make it happen, so it wouldn't be worth any benefit of said mod.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

skullywag

Alpha 13 has the month extended back out to 30 days i believe or was it more ticks in a day....ahhh i forget. Sorry cant be sure. I can attest to the modding side and state that its very unlikely a modder takes that job on.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

I think it could be interesting if, instead of having fixed dates, every generated map would have a random number of days over and multiples of 15 up to a certain cap, not even caring about the odds and ends of 28,29,30 and 31 days - more days bigger growing season, less the opposite. Same for planet rotation (still in multiples of 24), which would influence the frequency of day/night cycles - a planet with a 6 hour day/night cycle could bring a new strategic factor to gameplay - average wind speed, maybe even tornado and hurricane events? I just pictured a Raid being wiped out by a tornado :D kinda wonder if we will have something like a weather forecast in the future, solar flare early warning and eclipse prediction, stuff like that.

Britnoth

Quote from: skullywag on February 18, 2016, 02:50:18 AM
Alpha 13 has the month extended back out to 30 days i believe or was it more ticks in a day....ahhh i forget. Sorry cant be sure. I can attest to the modding side and state that its very unlikely a modder takes that job on.

I read that the month is being reduced to 5 days....  :-X

Quote from: Britnoth on February 18, 2016, 04:23:43 PM
Quote from: skullywag on February 18, 2016, 02:50:18 AM

I read that the month is being reduced to 5 days....  :-X

u joking right?

Toggle

Pretty sure he is since I've seen nothing at all on the forums mentioned about shortening day time, only that the day length was being increased, double ticks.

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on February 18, 2016, 06:05:24 PM
Pretty sure he is since I've seen nothing at all on the forums mentioned about shortening day time, only that the day length was being increased, double ticks.

That would solve some time compression inconsistencies, but although we wont frown when a colonist spends an hour to go across the living room, makes me thing if everything is also going to take twice the time to complete, and if a worker would get xp twice as fast? It would still be an improvement.

Toggle

Work related stuff will likely take more time, and walking less.

TLHeart

Ison stated in another thread that yes day ticks were doubled, and that months will now be 5 days.... That is going to cause huge balance problems. Length of the year has not changed.

Toggle

Toggle

Ah, I never enter ze bugs forum.

pktongrimworld

wait.. so ... 5 days a month, and double the ticks...

how are plants/seasons gonna work? multiple crop cycles per day?

What is the rationale for shorter months/time acceleration?
*it just seems odd to me.

(would it be possible to mod it back to longer?)

Vas

Woo, more people who want longer months.  More reason for Tynan to do this: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17680.0
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.