My colonists escaped on a proper spaceship instead of a rocket stick.

Started by Duban, November 21, 2015, 10:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duban

Quote from: Komyets on November 24, 2015, 03:52:37 PM
Call me a copy cat, but this inspired me, since my colony was also pretty big and could handle on its own, I didnt have much motivation to keep playing with it, until I saw this post.

It gave me a new goal, to make a badass ship as well. It's still unfinished, need 30 Caskets x.x http://i.imgur.com/Y3fCLuk.jpg

One could say, "It's easy to get the steel." But on this colony I commited myself to never, never, use the mining tool. So I depend on my electric smelters, and traders to get it. Its... hard, but quite a challenge haha!

Cool. I do think your entrances should have air locks with two doors instead of only one. You know, so the crew can actually go outside for maintenance and the like. Right now half your ship would get blown out the door as soon as they attempted to open it. Your crew is basically locked inside whenever the ship isn't in a habitable atmosphere.

Komyets

Thought about it, but i cant afford it, you should see this ship is actually rather small despite having more space for cryptolsleep, its because, as i said before, im not mining anything at all XD, will do on my next playthrough where i will actually dig, I want to stick to my commitment, no pickaxes shall be used here :P

A Friend

Quote from: Komyets on November 24, 2015, 03:52:37 PM
Call me a copy cat, but this inspired me, since my colony was also pretty big and could handle on its own, I didnt have much motivation to keep playing with it, until I saw this post.

It gave me a new goal, to make a badass ship as well. It's still unfinished, need 30 Caskets x.x http://i.imgur.com/Y3fCLuk.jpg

One could say, "It's easy to get the steel." But on this colony I commited myself to never, never, use the mining tool. So I depend on my electric smelters, and traders to get it. Its... hard, but quite a challenge haha!

So it begins... the great "actually make a proper spaceship" goal of our time.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Komyets

I REGRET NOTHING XD

But seriously, I thank Duban for posting this, it does really adds another interesting puspose to the game, I also found out it stimulates my creativity to design a nice looking place too.

milon

Quote from: keylocke on November 24, 2015, 02:41:33 PM
woah nice, does it launch?

Sure it would, as long as all components are present and linked together with Ship parts (they are).  Once it lifts off, all Ship components leave the map.  The rest of the structures will be left on the ground, which breaks the realism a bit and looks kinda funny.

Coenmcj

That's the moment when you turn on dev mode and obliterate it all though, so it's not technically cheating and you have to rebuild the new ship, should you leave anyone behind after the first one.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

JimmyAgnt007

I made a 36 pod stick ship that took forever to make, thats all just insane.  Good work!

A Friend

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Coenmcj

Whether your ship doesn't speak loudly enough about the hardships you've faced and the trials your colony has endured, your AI core is giving you too much lip and calling you an 'organic meatbag' or your vessel just doesn't quite have the zest one would expect from a rag tag group of bards and crash survivors then talk to 'A Friend'!
He can set you up with a glorious masterpiece of an inter-crashsite capable vessel! Complete with actual working engines!*

*A friend is not held liable should your vessel inevitably crash and kill the majority of the passengers.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

killer117

Ive posted on at least half a dozen subjects and 2 of my own that we should be aloud to build something like this, then use it in like a rimworld version of ftl. Look it up if u havent heard of it and just imagine how cool itd be to use ur ship in a similar way
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Komyets

So bad nobody has made more fancy ships anymore :c

I've been trying but I havent been lucy, colonies dying all the time lol, cant even research the ship stuff :P

Grimandevil

That is, actually, what i wanted to (pre)build, but for opposite purposes.
I.e. not for colonists swaying away from the planet, but to simulate living in a crash-landed ship on the planet, instead of dropping in tin cans and magically build up a city. Might be a nice idea for a mod.

In fact, i've never really bothered building the escape ship.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Listen1

Wow, since someone ressurected the topic:

OP said that he made a crapton of money selling crops for bulk goods trader... How about simple meals? I don't know how much costs the best crop/meat/animal product, but the simple meals sell usually for 5,5 to 6,5 silver each, only taking 10 food units.

Grimandevil

havent noticed much profit inceace from selling prep'd meals rather than the raw products, and then considering time consumption, its even more doubtful.
raw components usually go for ~0.5
selling human meat and leather, that makes u a fortune.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Listen1

It would make much more sense if any trader would buy meals.

I mean, it's food. Just because John was an abrasive psychopath it dosen't mean he has a bad taste.