What happens if you break open a cryptosleep casket using a turret?

Started by Saw Candyman, February 15, 2016, 01:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saw Candyman

I was trying to find a way to open cryptosleep caskets without putting my colonists in harms way. Can I safely use turret to destroy the caskets, or will that auto-kill the people inside or something?
Magic Conch, my least favorite colonist (who has cataracts and is incapable of Dumb Labor) is bleeding to death! What should I do?

"Nothing."

THE MAGIC CONCH HAS SPOKEN!

muffins

Quote from: Saw Candyman on February 15, 2016, 01:49:32 PM
I was trying to find a way to open cryptosleep caskets without putting my colonists in harms way. Can I safely use turret to destroy the caskets, or will that auto-kill the people inside or something?
I think they all open instantly once one casket cops a bullet so the caskets will be long vacated by the time they are destroyed. I could be wrong though.

Lys

asanbr

One way to make it safer is to build walls in the room to separate the caskets. Since you only need to open one to activate all, you can wall in 1 casket and make a door entry to that room from outside. That's pretty safe, worst case it's a scyther and it is very unlikely it'll be able to kill you before you leave the room.

Grimandevil

Any harm, done to one casket, opens them all. u dont have to enter the room even. Shoot out a piece of wall, then shoot some more.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

mumblemumble

Assuming it's hostile enemies,  i don't think being far away does much besides having you far away. If they wake,  they turn hostile,  and attack.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Grimandevil

some (if not all?) mechanoids, actually, loving their stay in their shelter, unless u come near.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.