(Mod Help) RedistHeat Vents and Ducts - Looking for a basic guide

Started by teknotel, February 19, 2016, 02:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotel

Trying to successfully regulate the temperature in my base. Have never used the ducting before so thought I would give it a shot. Took me a bit of searching but found some images and useful information which have led me to follow this model:

- One cold source and one hot source
- Cold air on lower ducting and hot air on upper ducting
- Active vents in rooms I want to regulate
- Freezer storage for food on a seperate cooling system to rest of base.
- Many intake ducts in heat source rooms

https://gyazo.com/05a727123877231ee197883844987781

That is an image of  base but here are problems I just cant figure out:

- All industrial coolers to the right of base in the main room are set to -10. Why is the temperature of the room between 5-15 when there is 8 of them?

- Same for heaters, they are all set to 60, why is the temperature in the room stuck at 23?

- I am presuming upper and lower duct pipes can overlap?

If anyone knows a guide or wiki or anything that can help me understand how the elements of this mod work and how to set up proper efficient colling and heating systems for large bases I would most grateful thank you.

Toggle

Yes, the lower and upper can overlap. As for the temp though, it's pretty bright in your base with no lights, even if it is daytime, so I'm going to guess you have the entire base unroofed? The temp system is pretty simple at the moment. If the area is outdoors, so unroofed, it instantly goes to the outdoor temp. You seem to have all the areas unroofed, so outdoors. Also, you could build duct coolers instead to directly generate the cold into the pipes, and I don't think you need that many coolers/heaters all on at once.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.