[W | 0.1.334b] inefficient farming [usability]

Started by Amaror, January 28, 2014, 04:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amaror

So i have been really wondering lately, why i am always so low on food in the new version. With an amazing farmer and tons of farming spots this shouldn't happen normall, considering i have only 3 colonists to feed.
Then i watched my farmer for a bit and noticed that hauling food to hoppers seems to have a higher priority than growing food, therefore he keeps harvesting one plant and then bringing the potatos to the hopper, before harvesting another single plant. It's unbelievably ineffective.

Edit: I just realized, it's probably because "cook" has a higher priority than "grower", duh!

Plasmatic

Quote from: Amaror on January 28, 2014, 04:08:18 AM
So i have been really wondering lately, why i am always so low on food in the new version. With an amazing farmer and tons of farming spots this shouldn't happen normall, considering i have only 3 colonists to feed.
Then i watched my farmer for a bit and noticed that hauling food to hoppers seems to have a higher priority than growing food, therefore he keeps harvesting one plant and then bringing the potatos to the hopper, before harvesting another single plant. It's unbelievably ineffective.

Edit: I just realized, it's probably because "cook" has a higher priority than "grower", duh!

I find it is smarter to set a different colonist to haul, cook, and grow, that way, your grower will grow, your hauler will haul to the stockpile, and your cook only takes from the stockpile to the hopper :)