[Help] Mod Packs

Started by Vagabond, February 25, 2016, 04:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vagabond

Hello,

So, I've got HardcoreSk installed currently. The Mod Variety Pack looks cool and I wanted to try it out, but I don't want to mess up my install of HardcoreSk. Is there any way to have multiple modded installations?

Thanks,
Michael

Toggle

I'm pretty sure you can make a 2nd copy of the game, and have that copy use the MVP, and load saves only from a custom destination, there's a tutorial somewhere for that.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Fluffy (l2032)

easiest solution is to have two rimworld installations, and use the saveDataFolder flag. MVP does this by default, so it's settings and saves get stored locally and shouldn't overwrite your (global) HCSK saves and settings.

You could also juggle multiple mods folders around and rename them as needed (e.g. have a folder HCSK_Mods and MVP_Mods, and rename the pack you want to play to just Mods). You'd still need the saveDataFolder flag to stop saves and settings overwriting eachother though.

Vagabond

Okay, so MVP runs outta it's install folder with it's own config file in there. HCSK runs outta it's directory and keeps it's config file in appdata, so they won't conflict right? So long as I have them each in their own installation directories. . .

Toggle

Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.