Allergic reactions

Started by Vas, February 26, 2016, 04:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vas

first off, I am typing this on a phone.
Secondly, I am still semi sedated from MInor surgery.

So I'll be more details when I get home.

Allergic reactions could be a good thing to add to the game.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

kingtyris

Like, maybe some pawns are allergic to certain food types? "Jerbear is allergic to potatoes and will become very ill if he eats them."

Not a terrible idea. It would add in more of an incentive to grow a diversity of crops.

Vas

I was thinking pawns allergic to the herbal medicine but not the other medical supplies so they can't be healed with herbal medicine.  You only find out they are allergic to it after trying to use it and having to save them somehow, not sure how yet.  But yes, finding out tat they are allergic to other foods as well would be good too.  Some would know they are allergic to something and it would state it like in a trait, or something.  Others would find out later, and it would be then added to a trait, or some such that displays allergicness and what that pawn will be forbidden from using automatically.  All these allergic things are generated on pawn first creation, so no one suddenly becomes allergic to something.  Its just most would be invisible until they try it for the first time.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Toggle

I'm pretty sure there's a suggestion for this already, isn't there?
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Vas

I dunno, couldn't search on phone. :P  And I typed it when I was still waking up from anesthetic.

Toggle

Owell. Just checked the front page of mods/suggestions/general and not there, so. I remember there being a discussion but may of been in general so. It would be interesting. It would make it a bit more indepth if the allergy had a chance to disappear and reappear. So say there would be a random chance for any of the current allergies to disappear after 3 months, and a random allergy to appear after 6. You could have something to test their allergies. Could be interesting, just depends on how it's implemented.

Vas

allergies disappear? :P

I guess that makes sense, I used to be severely allergic to poison ivy.  Now I'm not for some reason.

Toggle

Yeah. I don't know much but I do know people can no longer have allergic reactions to stuff they used to, whether it fully disappears or has a greater chance to come back later no clue.

Vas

I've been free from my allergies to Poison Ivy for ages, I mean its very mild now, I still get bumps but when I got it in the past, it spread like fire on gasoline coated skin.  I think eating allergies stay though, not sure.  I do hear that you can develop an allergy to things you've had repeated exposure to though.  Like someone who drinks too much milk all the time might suddenly become allergic.  Just an example.

StorymasterQ

Most boys lose their allergies to girls some time during their teens :D

Anyway, I don't think repeated exposure makes you allergic to them. Wouldn't it be the other way around? So repeated (mild) exposure to an allergen reduces your reaction to them such that you will develop a resistance? Or something?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here