[Help with Modding] - How to change pawn heads for facial hair

Started by Liagudo, February 26, 2016, 06:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liagudo

To begin I'm aware theres a modpack that has the ability to let you customize your pawns to have beards but I don't really like mod packs too much and thought I'd do a independent mod for both me and the community.

Anyway my question is how can I make a new head-type for pawns I've tried looking around with no success and I've been wanting to do this for ages I DON'T! want to replace the vanilla heads I want to create separate ones and basically add things to them like beards, scars, cybernetic modifications ect ect

So I hope this is enough info sorry again for asking another modding question I have so much planned so any help will be truly appreciated.

PERSONAL NOTE
I wanted to add that if there is any Farscape fans on this forum I'm currently making a robot DrD mod which like other robotic mods will allow you to craft and use DRD Drones to repair and clean your territory BUT I'm terrible at making textures so if theres any active texture makers out there please message me I'd love to do some work together >=3 

Fluffy (l2032)

You need two things; my modded heads enabler mini-mod (which does depend on CCL, link in my signature), and some head textures. The mini-mod allows RW to load heads from non-vanilla resources (normally you can only overwrite heads). The textures you need to put in a specific path in the textures folder, I can't remember exactly where, but go see where Simon put them in MVP.

Liagudo

Thank you so much for the reply Fluff I had a look at your mod page *great job btw* but I was unable to find the heads enabler mini-mod I checked you're link and couldn't find it on your mod page sorry if I've missed something there or if its the outfitter/appeal sense mod I don't mean to take time out of your day but where is it located or a download link atleast ? also checked Simon's Mod and got the texture name and destination written down again thank you for that

Liagudo

right I had a look in Simon's folder I have found the dll and textures but I cant seem to find the rest *I'm presuming theres more since them two alone doesn't seem to change the heads* saying that its hard to find all the files while there all over the place, do you still have a separate copy of your mod ? again sorry for any trouble I'm very new to this still >.<

Fluffy (l2032)

Hmm yeah it appears I never released that thing as a stand-alone mod. I'll do that tonight. As for the files, there's the dll and a 'bootstrap.xml' def to make sure it gets run and does it's thing, after that - it really is as simple as putting more heads in the right folders, with the right names.

I'm at work atm, will edit this post tonight with more detail.

Liagudo

I just found the files and added it in but sadly its just saying "incompatible" with a12 so I think Simon may of edited it or I've messed something up I don't know but yes please do bud and thanks again I really cant wait to get started and I do appreciate your time & help