Corrupt-A-Wish

Started by NewJack, February 28, 2016, 11:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumblemumble

Worth it, considering digital machines, and the possibility of source ports eventually. I get the impression tynan might, EVENTUALLY, make rimworld open source...but thats just a hunch.

Granted, but soy-lent green is people. SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!!!!!
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Facepunch

Error 404: Wish not found

I've had some dodgy MREs, I have no doubt that there is worth things than people in some of them.

mumblemumble

I wish this wish to be corrupted somehow, and to get me a pizza.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

catter

Wish granted you get a pizza. The toppings are as follows:
You
You
You
You
You
You2
You and You
Oh yes and...
YOU!
Too bad you will never eat it because it is made of you and you can't eat yourself with out pain. >:D

I wish to be back to my own modern time where I can live in peace.

mabor0shi

wish granted: I don't know where you have been, but now you have returned to modern times. It is very peaceful, because nobody else is there. The rapture has happened, just as the Holy Bible says. Everybody has all either been sent to the Hell Housing Projects or they went on home to Jesus without you. They don't even miss you, because Heaven is so badass and people in hell have a lot to worry about. God has abandoned you. You are alone.
I wish I could stay home tomorrow and not have to do anything.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

Facepunch

Wish granted, except that your house is engulfed by a hundred thousand tons of chicken turd.

I wish I had something to eat

(Literally seconds before you posted, I was about to reply, our wishes were identical. Kinda a neat thing.)

mabor0shi

Quote from: Facepunch on March 09, 2017, 01:15:10 AM
Wish granted, except that your house is engulfed by a hundred thousand tons of chicken turd.

I wish I had something to eat

(Literally seconds before you posted, I was about to reply, our wishes were identical. Kinda a neat thing.)
{I literally can't believe that. Yes, I'm calling you a liar. That coincidence is bologna, sir.}
Wish granted. You are transported to the middle of my 🐓 turd pile and must eat your way out.
I wish I had 1 billion U$D in gold.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

mumblemumble

Quote from: catter on March 08, 2017, 10:54:06 PM
Wish granted you get a pizza. The toppings are as follows:
You
You.. ...underestimate my pain tolerance. I could take a taste.

Granted, but to get it, you must get it installed as a golden tooth, then yank it out without anesthesia. Your dental care for this is free, mind you, but you must pluck out every tooth to get all the gold.

I wish they would reboot x-com ufo defense and NOT have the mechanics watered down like in xcom 2012. Seriously guys, the original was better =(

-----

RyanRim

[/quote]
You.. ...underestimate my pain tolerance. I could take a taste.

Granted, but to get it, you must get it installed as a golden tooth, then yank it out without anesthesia. Your dental care for this is free, mind you, but you must pluck out every tooth to get all the gold.

I wish they would reboot x-com ufo defense and NOT have the mechanics watered down like in xcom 2012. Seriously guys, the original was better =(
[/quote]

Granted (theoretically), but the new system moves like Resident Evil in 10FPS

I wish that oceans would vaporize and create more rivers in other places.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

mumblemumble

(resident evil at 10 fps)

... ...Worth it

Granted, but the river floods over JUST your house, and fills the ocean again in hours.

-----

Facepunch

Psst. You forgot to make a wish. Again.

mumblemumble

I wish I remembered to make my damn wishes.

-----

Kegereneku

Granted, you will always remember that. ALWAYS. You will be checking every 5 minutes wether or not you did it, stopping whatever you are doing doubting whether or not you did it.

Mumblemumble, I think you might be interested by Xenonaut (in case you don't already know)
Aside, to be fair the original X-COM was extremely flawed on many aspects (Difficulty is one things, chance-based Trial&Error is another) It was the norm before (all-or-nothing AI, easy exploit...etc) but nowadays we prefer easier more organic gameplay. I'm NOT defending the watering down, just saying at least they made it much more stable. Plus several mods get you close to what it was before.

I wish for all "Early-Access" games to be developed faster, with no loss in quality or negative consequences for their developers.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

mumblemumble

I see where you are coming from, but I kinda like a little murphies law, that the old game brings

Sure, a rocket into your craft can instantly end a mission, but thats part of the fun, is surviving, despite knowing how much can possibly go wrong.

But really, openxcom extended + enables all kinds of new stuff.

....and to be fair, many of these risks can be mitigated, just like in rimworld.

Granted, but SJW's and such find something to nitpick over, and shit on the entire "early access" gerne. Nothing bad happens, but you are forced to endure every SJW talking about how early access games are about white privilege, even if you aren't white. Theres also a good chance you get called a bigot for liking indie games.

I wish for a woman of beauty, intelligence, loyalty, whom matches my ethnicity and faith, and will bare healthy children, while working hard for our family.

-----

Kegereneku

Eh! That's fair. I guess I fired that first shot. But let's avoid going into barely disguised political rant and...   
...sh*t, that's what you give me to work with ?

Well, someone please tell me if you saw another to corrupt his wish. To me a corruption have to subvert the main theme of your wish, in this case : compatibility with you, and since you closed all door but the political one.
The most neutral I can do is :

"Wish granted, however she is your SISTER. She will bear healthy children from someone else and work hard for your family (your parents and you and her, their childs)"

If you want to inflict more on yourself, bellow are my discarded idea  ;D

"while she share the same faith, she have completely opposite opinions to yours, for example she consider that transgender shouldn't face any discrimination and go in any gendered-bathroom that fit their new appearance), things that does not conflict in any way with her faith.
She share all your personal flaws, for example she believe in "alt-fact" stories and "suppressed theory" found on the internet (akin to the secret existence of "Free Energy engine") in particular things that you consider yourself to be bullshit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wish people were less likely to be triggered.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !