Will Hygiene ever get added to the game?

Started by SpookCrow, February 20, 2016, 07:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpookCrow

A Water condeser will be great since it collects water from air especially on foggy days
"Fear is the enemy within you that can lead to your demise." -Spook

delraith

Making a still of any kind (solar, fueled, electric) allows waste water to be recycled.

Utilizing water catchment by watershed engineering with swales and cisterns works very well.

In the tundras of the world it is often a simple matter of heating water to melt it.

Tatte

~Tatte~

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Tatte on February 29, 2016, 07:22:20 PM
Quote from: RawCode on February 24, 2016, 03:42:45 AM
this is not "sims"...

When did sims even need water to survive?

True. Sims don't need water, but they do need pool ladders :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

SpookCrow

Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 29, 2016, 07:57:57 PM
this is not "sims"...

You dont need water to survive in minecraft you need food to survive
"Fear is the enemy within you that can lead to your demise." -Spook

jzero

Quote from: Shadow_SlayerX on March 02, 2016, 02:53:45 PM
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 29, 2016, 07:57:57 PM
this is not "sims"...

You dont need water to survive in minecraft you need food to survive

Well, how about instead of derailing your own thread any more. You try to get this back on track.

I agree that water and hygiene are related but this thread is about hygiene specifically, water has been thuroughly discussed many times. Hygiene , however, is discussed less. SO let's talk about hygiene.

I personally think it is kind of along the lines of water, such as how it probably won't happen because it is mostly pointless and not a massive nor necessary feature.
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

Shad

Quote from: jzero on March 02, 2016, 08:11:28 PM
I agree that water and hygiene are related but this thread is about hygiene specifically, water has been thuroughly discussed many times. Hygiene , however, is discussed less. SO let's talk about hygiene.

I personally think it is kind of along the lines of water, such as how it probably won't happen because it is mostly pointless and not a massive nor necessary feature.
I don't think hygiene is pointless. It could be a major part of the game. Only rather than a "activity", it should be a "aura" of sorts. Hygiene is a way you minimise disease and infection. Thus there would be a difference between doing surgery in a shed on the floor with water from a nearby pond, and doing it in a purpose-built room with clean water.

keylocke

i think there was a mod that had rain collectors before. it's actually a nice addition and adds a bit more realism.

people who keep saying no, sounds so.. casual.. hehe.

meanwhile on the opposite side of the spectrum there are people who wants an ironman mode and more hardcore features.

water and hygiene isn't even too hardcore since dwarf fortress and gnomoria have thirst and various other required "necessities". so for most vets of colony sims, features like these are practically staples.