More Planning!

Started by Vas, March 01, 2016, 07:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vas

I would like there to be a category of colors for more planning colors to be available in the game as I am a planing type of person.  As soon as my colony starts, I find a place on the map I like, and then plan, before my colonists even land I have an entire base setup and planned out.

Click image for zoom.

There's a mod that does this already in a way, adding only one new color.  I altered that mod a bit to add new colors but my version is not functional without DLL changes.  I was hoping that this may end up in the core game though.

Also, there is another way I thought of doing this without adding a new category (my uploaded post to this forum uses a new category), but have no clue how.  It would be like the Stuff system where you select what material a wall is going to be made out of.  Except instead of stuff, it's a color selector that doesn't require you having some sort of material first.  Even though I hate that context menu, it would be a good way to combine it all into one item instead of making a new category.

I would like some of these colors to be specific though.  Like one color is specific to walls and doors, and will not automatically remove its self until a wall or a door is placed/built there.  Would also be nice if there were a button to toggle all red into a mining location.  So you can place a designate mine everywhere a red plan is set.  But those are just some advanced ideas involving planning.  My main concern is more colors.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Vagabond

I like this. It would help in having visual clues as to what order you are going to build out your base.

not_incline

Yeah i think that would be sweet. I also like that planning will be more specific etc. PREACH!!
there was a boy
he likes this specific toy
imagination