[Mod Request/Help] What Mod Pack*?

Started by Spantezian, March 01, 2016, 11:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spantezian

Hey all! I just recently purchased Rim World and after 2 days of vanilla, I decided to test out a mod pack and the "Hardcore SK" pack seemed to be the most popular. So I downloaded and played it yesterday, and BOY oh BOY the learning curve for this mod pack was crazy! it makes the vanilla look like naughts and crosses! It's a little too much for me at this stage.

*What I was wondering is, are there any less intense mod packs out there? Preferably something with <20'ish mods? If anybody could link me to any, that'd be great! IF possible, it would be great if any of the mod packs included either of the following mods; as they seem to make game play more interesting/exciting than the others...

Zombies, EdBinterface, EdBpreparecarefully, Norbals (believe this adds more factions?), Vein Miner, MechanoidTerraformer (added robots? didn't actually see any though...), Hospitality and last, but probably the most important, Combat Realism (I find vanilla combat mechanics to be too dumbed down).

Thanks in advance!

Shinzy

Personally I just like to get mods separately so I'm more aware what I'm getting and so
So I'd recommend that to start with =P

but maybe you could try this one https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16735.0
it seems more "lighter" and there's definately my norbals in there and at a quick glance most of the other mods you mentioned

Grimandevil

mod packs are great because they're (usually) tuned up to work propperly, but i also like to make my own setup. however it requires some more acquaintance with the game.

if u wanna experiment, there is categorized Mod List by Skissor.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

AllenWL

I believe the terraformer adds a event that has a ship-part like thing that lands and does bad stuff, but not more mechanoids.
The only mod I know that adds more mechanoids is more mechanoids.

But I agree with shinzy on getting mods separately. Just get a mod or two that seems nice, then keep on adding mods that seem interesting to you as you see fit.

While the large popular mod packs often have a coder or two who fine-tunes the mods and makes them work nicely together, I find mod packs often have things that don't suit my tastes, or have gameplays that I don't find as fun, so it's a lot better to just get mods I like.

Sure, it takes more work and has more bugs than modpacks, but it's about as personalized as you can get without knowing how to code things.