Heist / Robbery

Started by thedee05, March 05, 2016, 11:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedee05

I have to agree with some of you. Raiders taking anything of value would be a great, crops, clothes, steel, etc. Sappers could spread out more and maybe go in at different points. Good stuff here and a lot of good points.

asanbr

I never have gold lying around. Does anyone? In the super unusual event that I find it, I will sell it to exotic traders asap, and maybe keep 20 for building the research speed-up thing.
But how does anyone amass gold?

Silver, yes.

Limdood

Quote from: JesterHell on March 12, 2016, 02:42:47 AM
Just gonna nitpick and say that there are no aliens in Rimworld and that psychic lances are human tech.
Feel better now?

thedee05

Quote from: asanbr on March 12, 2016, 04:05:14 PM
I never have gold lying around. Does anyone? In the super unusual event that I find it, I will sell it to exotic traders asap, and maybe keep 20 for building the research speed-up thing.
But how does anyone amass gold?

Silver, yes.

Same here with gold, however it could be anything of value. Maybe they take a bunch of steel that has not been hauled and not in your base or maybe they take a bunch of food and just set the field on fire.

Mikhail Reign

Yeah exactly - when raiders come they should just try and haul whatever they can off the map, picking the easiest things to get and only resorting to attacking you if there isn't anything better, or you have some particularly expensive things they can haul individually (gold statues, glitter tech meds) an relativity easy to access spots. L

thedee05

I want to add prison breaks to this. Clans coming back for their people.

mumblemumble

Honestly, espionage in general sounds awesome...Like imagine a spy from a pirate band joining, and putting a bug in your system which makes systems break / malfunction, which takes someone skilled in research to remove the virus, or even helping to orchestrate a prison break all scheduled to happen at the next raid.

Lets not limit ourselves on JUST theft =)
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

YoruOokami

Possibly a variation on "A wanderer joins" Event where the wanderer steals some of your meds/gold/silver/Plasteel/Weaponry and leaves?

thedee05

Kleptomaniac trait would be funny. They just steal stuff and hold on to it.

Justas love

I see the point of this, but seeing how sappers work this might just be suicide bombers running with pinecones with their hands

MajorFordson

I wonder if Tynan is planning on "hidden" enemies at all. It seems a bit lame that you can pause the game and observe everything going on, it would be cool if there could be thieves or scouts or something that are invisible unless a colonist goes near them and succeeds in a "spotting check" or something.

Limdood

Quote from: MajorFordson on April 03, 2016, 08:07:19 PM
I wonder if Tynan is planning on "hidden" enemies at all. It seems a bit lame that you can pause the game and observe everything going on, it would be cool if there could be thieves or scouts or something that are invisible unless a colonist goes near them and succeeds in a "spotting check" or something.

you aren't the colony leader or deity or anything else....you're the co-storyteller.  Part of your job is being able to see everything going on.

mumblemumble

I think a fair compromise is nothing "announced",  but noticeable with a keen eye.

Just like the pickpocket kids in fallout 2, no announcement "you have been pickpocketed",  you just notice shit is gone,  and maybe see the kids hands leave their sides to nick stuff.

Course that ends once you kick each and every kid in the nuts,  but still.

I think something like this would be great,  not announced,  but observable to keen eyes,  like taking a couple seconds here or there on a comms console to send out sensitive info,  pocketing silver,  Messing with wires,  nothing announced until its far too late,  but you can arrest them IF you spot it.

This way you "can"  spot it,  but it can very easily be missed too.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: mumblemumble on April 04, 2016, 02:18:09 PM
Course that ends once you kick each and every kid in the nuts,  but still.
I love that quote, unfortunately it's not a rimworld quote, so I can't put it on my list...

But I still love the looks it'll definitely get when someone hears it without context.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here