custom door (fence gate) erroring due to link drawer but not adding to map mesh

Started by skullywag, March 12, 2016, 03:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Config error in Gate_Blueprint: does not add to map mesh but has a link drawer. Link drawers can only work on the map mesh.

Im lost, ive tried for hours to make this go away, is it possible to have a custom door that links to something else (in this case a gate that links to fences) and not have this error? if i want a custom door thats simple, if i want it to link graphically to something ala sandbags, i get the above, the gate itself was erroring with the same but I changed the drawerType to MapMeshAndRealTime to fix that one, even tried removing the blueprint stuff from the def fully but it makes one dynamically so still errors. Need a break this has bugged me too much.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Fluffy (l2032)

how does vanilla deal with blueprints for items that have link drawers?

skullywag

I think the issue is combining a door (which has its own rules around what it does) with a link drawer, which core doesnt ever do....i think, its been a few days since i looked at this.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Fluffy (l2032)

still, vanilla has buildings that use link drawers. What's the difference there? What does it mean to 'add to mapmesh'? Is that maybe the difference between walls and doors?

Anyhow, seems to me like you could do a late pass (e.g. after blueprints are created) and just remove the linker from the offending blueprints? Or even add the mapmesh thing?

I don't have any idea what's actually causing this. Just in a train and bored (you know the feeling), and felt like contributing/spewing nonsense - whichever turns out to be the case.

mrofa

Maybe becouse doors need to be refreshed all the time since they move, walls not so much :D
But thats just theory..
Anyways for my each doors i just make spawn a invisible thing that links doors
All i do is clutter all around.

Doors use a custom link method (literally, RimWorld.Building_Door.AlignQualityAgainst) which doors use for linking purposes.  CCL (0.12.7) has detoured this to add custom doors but doesn't otherwise change it's behaviour.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.