So nice to give me the Alpha 13 update for my birthday Tynan!

Started by falcongrey, March 12, 2016, 04:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on March 14, 2016, 02:37:56 AM
Quote from: panggul_mas on March 13, 2016, 09:55:16 PM
Quote from: Tynan on March 13, 2016, 04:36:53 PM
Quote from: mumblemumble on March 12, 2016, 04:45:59 PM
My birthday is the 14th, i feel the same way.

I'm sorry to say we might not make it for this one!

~

1. Chose to ignore OP's mention of March 21st
2. says they won't make it by March 14th.

So A13 confirmed for March15th - march 21st. Alert the press.

Heh, I don't think you noticed that today is march 14th, which is why it won't make it. It's 2am on the 14th. It'll probably be a week or two as said above, so 21st+ is likely.

Oh, is it White Day already? Good thing I wasn't given any chocolate last month.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

falcongrey

Quote from: Daman453 on March 13, 2016, 09:54:50 PM
Hey, good news for public testers, it will be out on the public works soon (1-2 weeks as i see it) It might not release from there though, so April release looking hot.

If this is accurate, that is STILL good news! I am REALLY getting hyped over this new release. If released to 'public testers' on the 21st, that would be awesome for my birthday still. It means that I'll have the release in my excited hands to torture poor survivors of the crash in their vain attempts to survive long enough to re-develop star ship technology and escape me and the evil story teller who loves making things more and more difficult!    ;D
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

captiva

I am glad to see a new release too. I bought this game around my birthday last year. Has been no updates since. I am glad to see the developers finally back working on their unfinished game as I was/am still upset I spent my money on this game when nothing has been done to it in so long.

falcongrey

Quote from: captiva on March 14, 2016, 12:20:22 PM
I am glad to see a new release too. I bought this game around my birthday last year. Has been no updates since. I am glad to see the developers finally back working on their unfinished game as I was/am still upset I spent my money on this game when nothing has been done to it in so long.

I do fully understand how you feel on this one, frustrated and let down. It was sadly just bad life event timing in regards to the time Tynan went on vacation and when you purchased. He had already spent a little over 2 years pouring himself and coding this all on his own when he chose to take a long break before he burned out (which would have been the end of Rimworld...).

The good news is that the development never stopped, just the normal monthly updates from Tynan did. Tynan had another coder beating away at Rimworld while he was gone and even on his vacation he was still overseeing and periodically adding his own work to it thankfully! Now Tynan is actively back in the game so we now have TWO coders beating away at Rimworld when originally before his vacation and before you purchased we ONLY had Tynan!

christhekiller

Okay, but can we be sure it won't be coming out for my birthday, on August 12th.

falcongrey

-Looks hopefully for birthday present... Sighs and continues waiting-  :'(

Flashpoint

Hopefully it can make it on my birthday.

(December 12th.) <3

praguepride

Tynan pretty much said that it's coming at least April...

QuoteAnyway, I'm happy to say what's happening now, since I don't have to guess at that. I've returned from my trip and am now fulltime+ on RW. Alpha 13 is in testing. Typically this phase lasts a number of weeks, but this one could be quite long given the amount of content that was added. Ison is on it full-time, coding, and I'm doing design and financial and legal work while getting back in the swing of things here. Unfortunately running a business involves ungodly amounts of paperwork.

So this was the 6th. Assuming no hiccups and obstacles, we'll arbitrarily pull 2 weeks of testing out of my hat so on a good time, we'll say that A13 would be released last week of March (20-26th).

HOWEVER he also said that this was a much larger release so will require more testing again, for no other reason then because I feel like it, let's double that testing time to 4 weeks. Now we're in April (3rd - 9th)

ON TOP OF THAT it's tax season so add another week of time as Tynan needs time to run a business and we're looking at a mid-April release (10-16th).

Now the above estimate is using completely arbitrary numbers and measures but hopefully it illustrates that all of you holding your breath for a March release might want to let it out a bit because Tynan only promised that he would return in March (which he did! HI TYNAN!) not that A13 would come out the day he returned.

I mean it could drop any day now but I would temper your expectations that it could easily be mid-to-late April assuming there isn't some horrible game destroying bug that gets found and resets the clock...

RemingtonRyder

I cannot confirm any particular release date, but you're on the right track. A lot really depends on the developers squashing bugs, which first have to be found and reported. So, testing.

juanval

I prefer to wait more and see a bug free version rather than playing and find annoying bugs.

I hope "crafting and carry limit"  bug is fixed. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16410.0

TheDirge

Great now im so excited and stoked for A13 i cant sleep ._.

humblebundle

Everyday i check the blog to see if there is the A13 out, this is making me crazy.
I stopped playing since 1 month...argh!
I want play it so bad, but not the old version.
english is not my main language, that should explain a lot...