need help modding pawn body textures

Started by keylocke, March 15, 2016, 10:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

@tiltos and shinzy : ooh yea. it looks like oxygen not included. i like the style of that. i actually bought that game as soon as i saw it and heard it was made by klei, who also created don't starve (which i also bought asap like rimworld). totally lurve the artstyle.

@fluffy : no worries about the clash with the trees and stuff since i plan to retexture the trees as well. (probably gonna retexture all except GUI)

here's a bit of progress.

there's a few things i realized after i made the powerplant retexture :

1) i used two-tone colors for the smaller furniture coz i thought i could get away with lazyness since items are too small.
2) i use camera plus mod, so zooming in is fun. problem was that large furniture and buildings like powerplant, long tables, etc.. look crappy with just two-tone colors, so i decided to make them look less potato.
3) i'm gonna have to recolor/redo the previous stuff i made and use this powerplant/metal floor as quality standard.
4) rimworld buildings/furniture have weird angles. some are completely topview, while some are a bit isometric, and some are completely flat side/front/back view. (just look at the wall and door..) maddening.. hahaha :o

Fluffy (l2032)

Quoteprobably gonna retexture all except GUI
Good, leave that to me :P.

Quote4) rimworld buildings/furniture have weird angles. some are completely topview, while some are a bit isometric, and some are completely flat side/front/back view. (just look at the wall and door..) maddening.. hahaha :o
Couldn't agree more. Some of the old stuff in particular needs an artist to redo it. Maybe Tynan is waiting for a good modder artist to get so fed-up and redo it so he can use those textures for free/cheap? :P

Shinzy

Ow the generator is beautiful! (although the angle on those meter things bother me quite a bit)

You don't burn out Key, I expect full overhaul from you :p

keylocke

yea, those condom lightbulbs look too pointy coz of my bad. haha.  :P
i drew geothermal plant (top view) beside fuel generator (side view/slightly isometric) in my power room sketch and got confused with the angles.

i was gonna lazy pass on it if people didn't notice. (nuuuu..)

tiltos

I was thinking about how to go about giving everything an angled top-down view (non-isometric, so like zelda or Ultima), however you're spot on - it's mainly the furniture that is 3/4 view, all the power & production units are directly top down (and don't have any rotational views. If you could add additional rotated views (like side view etc), I'd be interested in retexturing things to align to a unified perspective..

Shinzy

Quote from: tiltos on May 19, 2017, 01:39:13 AM
I was thinking about how to go about giving everything an angled top-down view (non-isometric, so like zelda or Ultima), however you're spot on - it's mainly the furniture that is 3/4 view, all the power & production units are directly top down (and don't have any rotational views. If you could add additional rotated views (like side view etc), I'd be interested in retexturing things to align to a unified perspective..

In A17, with the patching you can (It would be a bit of a chore I admit but you still can!)
as in you could add the necessary codebits to vanilla things without overwriting them entirely

minimurgle

Wow, looking good there Keylocke.

I'm still looking forward to this texture packs completion.
Don't mind the questions. I'm probably just confused.