1 punch kill

Started by Mikhail Reign, March 17, 2016, 10:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail Reign

Can people die of shock or heart attack, no matter the HP damage done? I just seen an old man get bumped once by a boar, and up and die.

He had some old injuries, but other then that he was fine. The boar had the revenge event, scratched him once in the leg and killed him.

mumblemumble

Yeah, sometimes the melee system is very random...if hes old, hes more succeptable to worse injury.

But yeah, this seems a bit much, i think he would at least start bleeding out first.

actually, I don't recall ever seeing anyone bleed out...
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Devon_v

I think bleed out works. I had a tribal die while being carried back to base for healing, no fatal wounds on the pawn, so I figure she bled to death.

Mikhail Reign

Oh people can bleed out. I let raiders bleed out on the ground all the time. This just blew me away. I mean he goes a medium scratch on the leg, not even bleeding - insta-death.

NoImageAvailable

My guess what happened: the hit combined with existing injuries caused enough damage/movement penalty that the pawn was downed. Then the storyteller did the random roll to kill downed pawns immediately and he failed it.

Bleedout is something that can definitely happen but vanilla bleed rates from wounds are incredibly low and the total bleed rate is capped at 100%/day so it'll always take at least 24 hours before a pawn dies of blood loss, no matter how grievous the injury.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

jzero

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on March 17, 2016, 12:54:31 PM
My guess what happened: the hit combined with existing injuries caused enough damage/movement penalty that the pawn was downed. Then the storyteller did the random roll to kill downed pawns immediately and he failed it.

Bleedout is something that can definitely happen but vanilla bleed rates from wounds are incredibly low and the total bleed rate is capped at 100%/day so it'll always take at least 24 hours before a pawn dies of blood loss, no matter how grievous the injury.

I agree, the spine and torso injuries would have had him INSANELY slow already, and the hit in the leg must have been the last straw.
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

mumblemumble

wow, bleeding is capped? no wonder its never a threat, I think being hit in vital organs should bleed everywhere, at least enough that you need medical treatment in 6 hours minimum before it gets fatal.

sounds like bleeding is a non issue for most situations, tbh.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.