My first hollywood script

Started by Dr. Z, January 28, 2014, 06:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

I had five colonists, when a group of I think six to eight raiders landed nearby. They spotted me when one of my guys was hauling a dead animal, so I took them in my proofed defensive positions, but one guy was to far away repairing stuff, so I took him in position to shoot them in the back.

But my defense was designed for enemys attacking my front door and those raiders flanked me, so my sniper was in trouble, attacked from two sides, and soon icapacitated on the ground. Two of my guys where at the front door, but one of them was on 20HP, so I took her into the main building. I sended my granade guy in position so he could "fire" and my rear guy in position to shoot them in the back, when I saw the leader: Tynan Sylvester, no joke.

The two in front of the door did a good job, but one of them got icapacitated and the grenade guy was at low health, so I rescued the one on the ground with him and put him inside. The only one left outside was my man in the back, but he didn't make it long and bleeded out on the ground. For a very long time the first one I lost in a raid.

But there where only three raiders left, so with my last two guys, both on about 20 HP, I build blasting charges inside my rooms and took them in save distance. The charges killed one and Mr. granade killed another one, but with her last shot, the raider hits my second but last colonists which falls to the ground, but didn't die. Yet. The last one escaped. Guess who it was. Right.

So right now, I had a balance of one colonist dead, three in coma, half of my base blown up by myself and one guy who had to clean the mess up. Which he did very well and my guys in bed recovered faster then I imagined. But just half a week after we survived the battle which outshined every Hollywood movie made in the last couple of years, the second wave should come.

Three badass-looking raiders landed, not loosing a single health point, all equipped with Lee-Enfield rifles. No doupt this where Tynan's elite assassins and he sended them to take revenge for his fallen allies. But I was not in the mood for waiting. I wanted revenge as much as they wanted, so we grabbed our guns, reloaded and moved out to show those fuckers who's the boss on THIS planet.

This was actually my first pre-eventive attack since I started playing this game, and it went terribly wrong. They where not even interested in my people. They just RAN PAST THEM, turned around, and shot them in the back. I managed to kill one, they managed to kill four. Three of my people died at once, the last one was left on the ground. For irony of fate, this last colonist was the first single raider I encountered in this colony. He came to destroy my base and kill my people, and now, he had success. Just not in the way he had expected.

Disclaimer: I didn't make this story up. It happend to me. Yesterday. And forgive me if some formulations are strange or the grammar is incorrect. I'm not that good in English.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Tynan

Lol, this was awesome.

You should be glad I was leading the pirates. My stats suck.

QuoteThe last one escaped. Guess who it was. Right.

Muhahaha!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Dr. Z

When I started a new game today, you where in the first raider attack, trying to frag my people, you where the first one they killed  :P

"You smell that? What is it?"
"REVEEEEEEENGE!!!"
Prasie the Squirrel!

Dr. Z

Do raiders actually have a leader? In this case, to be honest, I just saw your name an build the story around it.
Prasie the Squirrel!

CodyRex123

Now that i know you have terrible stats, if you ever come, you just might join the usless corteusens in the prison cell on my old one, wait, i havent updated yet, cause am afrid of losing that colony, DX, Guess i cant get you Lol
Dragons!

OneRedBlock

I've had Tynan once. Apparently he is a bad magician.  He was killed by walking into a mine to clean as I was detonating blast charges.   :-\

Monkfish

<insert witty signature here>

Tynan

Just as amusing as the other thread that discusses how I am "getting nasty" with balance changes. :P
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

gamehawk

Quote from: Tynan on March 17, 2014, 12:06:55 PM
Just as amusing as the other thread that discusses how I am "getting nasty" with balance changes. :P
which may or may not be (is) technically true...but it is an alpha after all. I wonder what your recruitment difficulty would be? Maybe 6000(yes i know that doesn't work but f**k logic)?