adding more function to "escaping the planet" and Super speed time mode

Started by cameron908, March 18, 2016, 12:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cameron908

First off, at the moment sending your (atleast 1 colonist) off in your expensive space craft gives you a simple "yay you escaped" reward, I think it would be much more interesting if after a certain period of time (maybe years) the craft will return to your colony with some reward or event (craft returns with bountiful trade goods, craft returns with crew infected by space born xenomorph, craft returns with dead crew) and maybe variables such as x ammount of colonists that boarded and x mood of colonist will affect outcomes.

Additionally, some form of a super speed up option that speeds up time relative to days? months? years? if you get those pesky swarms of robots and want your entire colony to hibernate in their cozy cryopods until they go away or get killed by something less terrifying.

Thane

How could any one thing that kills dozens of death-bots be any less terrifying?
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

asanbr

If you activate debug mode, you can press key 4 to get ludicrous speed. It's not what you asked for , but it's a lot faster than the normal max speed (3).

cameron908

Quote from: Thane on March 18, 2016, 03:06:25 PM
How could any one thing that kills dozens of death-bots be any less terrifying?

Not meaning 1 single event murders off all those terrifying robotic death machines but over a long expanse of time multiple events wind up finishing them off

Thane

I know. I just couldn't resist the old 'eats, shoot and leaves' setup you gave me there. :3
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.