Maximal map size option.

Started by kobar, March 18, 2016, 02:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kobar

Well, I tried to be an explorer, and find some pieces of RimWorld code, which can affect maps. Map size, to be precise. But nothing i found.
And here I am, asking you for help. Does anyone knows, how to change maximal map size in generation?

Thanks a lot, KoBar.

Klitri

cultist

I assume you know about the option ingame? it's kind of hidden away, to the point where I often forget to use it. When you choose landing zone, there is an option tab where you can change map size and starting month.

Devon_v

The extra map sizes are more than enough. Pawns don't make good travel decisions even on "large" maps, let along "Ludeoncrilous".

humblebundle

Quote from: cultist on March 18, 2016, 06:27:54 PM
I assume you know about the option ingame? it's kind of hidden away, to the point where I often forget to use it. When you choose landing zone, there is an option tab where you can change map size and starting month.
Wait, you can choose the starting month? Really? I always missed it then.
english is not my main language, that should explain a lot...

falcongrey

Yep, when I first started playing I played "Ludeoncrilous" size 400x400.... now I just do the "Large" 325x325.  I never had any issue with the 400x400, it is just SO large that the pawns take all day to go from 1 side to the other then back again if they make it and don't turn back for something like 'oh, gotta eat' right before they get to where they are suppose to go.

When you go to start the new colony, the 'Advanced' button down below the map in the center. Click that and you can select starting size and starting season.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.