Stacks?

Started by Plasmatic, January 27, 2014, 11:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plasmatic

Just a simple suggestion to make stacks able to be larger than 75, (but limit what colonists can carry at once)

After a little while I had to turn my hydroponics off because I had a overabundance of food.. and metal.. and silver...

All those stacks are full, and the new stockpiles were filling quickly.. I have 12 colonists, and they don't eat nearly enough..

Couldn't sell enough with each trader to make a dent because they didn't have the money..

Maybe have the stacks reach a max of 150 (2x75) or 225? (3x75)
That would still mean you need plenty of space once you get going, but perhaps not dedicate entire sections of your base to stockpiling :P

Galileus

But that would mean you hit the cap later, but end up with even bigger abundance of food...

Plasmatic

Quote from: Galileus on January 28, 2014, 02:07:36 AM
But that would mean you hit the cap later, but end up with even bigger abundance of food...

Sure, but you would still not need to dedicate half of your base to storage to hold it..

Galileus

Yes, you would. Because you still get more food than you eat.

As of now, you can get almost 3k food stored with a one 6x6 stockpile. That's A LOT, considering this is the same space that one gas extractor takes. It basically gives you 300 meals with research.

Your problem is not "stockpiles are too small", your problem is you try to stock on food in amounts you don't need. And if you hoard food - no matter how large the stockpiles will be, you'll hit the limit anyway. The system is extremely generous as is.

Peng Qi

Yeah, the problem here is that you've essentially "won" the game already. You need a harder mode.

Semmy

Go play cleopatra d-;

Making stacks bigger will just mean people will want even bigger stacks after they had bigger stacks because stacks where already made bigger.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Trensicourt

We could have cattle in-game to consume food faster or add water to the game, so that food can't be grown as fast. Just an opinion.
WHAT IS RIM WORLD? A RAIDER DEATH BALL. LITERALLY.

Semmy

Quote from: Trensicourt on January 28, 2014, 03:52:27 PM
We could have cattle in-game to consume food faster or add water to the game, so that food can't be grown as fast. Just an opinion.

Remember its just a really really new alpha (-;
Stuff will be added alot.
Edmund Burke

Galileus

Also, slowing down gathering of food can be done by simply slowing down gathering of food :P

Trensicourt

Well there should be another option to use the food for other purposes.

Plasmatic, you should be happy that you don't need to harvest more food and that your colonist can do something else since your so stocked on supplies.
WHAT IS RIM WORLD? A RAIDER DEATH BALL. LITERALLY.

Untrustedlife

What we need are theifs who steal resources from hoarders... its defeintely something worth attacking the colony over...
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Semmy

At the moment rodents already eat food.
Other things will be implemented.
Keep in mind the game just went into alpha. Lots more will come in time.
Edmund Burke

Tynan

Quote from: Peng Qi on January 28, 2014, 11:47:38 AM
Yeah, the problem here is that you've essentially "won" the game already. You need a harder mode.

There it is right there.

This side-issue isn't the concern, it's just that there is no endgame yet. It's coming.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Yarkista

Quote from: Tynan on January 28, 2014, 05:25:25 PM
Quote from: Peng Qi on January 28, 2014, 11:47:38 AM

There it is right there.

This side-issue isn't the concern, it's just that there is no endgame yet. It's coming.

Don't worry about it Ty, alpha is alpha after all.