Factions - Galileo's take

Started by Galileus, January 21, 2014, 07:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trensicourt

You should be able to get a basic information about each faction once you get some info, either by communication or trading. Once you have direct contact, you would then know a little more.

Quote from: Workload on January 26, 2014, 10:58:21 PM
If the factions are the same every time you'll know what they have for weapons/goals/tactics/etc.
Random ones could be neat, not knowing what they got for the first few battles with them.

Just like this!!
WHAT IS RIM WORLD? A RAIDER DEATH BALL. LITERALLY.

CodyRex123

My idea is to have 2 diffent confence room that are for 2/more types of Fations, so you can double side, but if you mess it up, they will attack echther (or by chance become allies) and if they fight echother they are instantly your enamy inless you have a good confesstion to them and/help them,
Dragons!

Trensicourt

Quote from: CodyRex123 on January 26, 2014, 11:39:14 PM
My idea is to have 2 diffent confence room that are for 2/more types of Fations, so you can double side, but if you mess it up, they will attack echther (or by chance become allies) and if they fight echother they are instantly your enamy inless you have a good confesstion to them and/help them,

Why not have 1 conference room? You can 2 TVs with 2 factions. The colonists could decide to share communications with both factions or keep 1 private. Still, the game most likely won't have 6 factions generated for you to pick a side on(imagine how chaotic this would be). So 4-6 factions with 2 or 3 factions to side with is my opinion.
WHAT IS RIM WORLD? A RAIDER DEATH BALL. LITERALLY.

CodyRex123

Quote from: Trensicourt on January 28, 2014, 06:49:40 PM
Quote from: CodyRex123 on January 26, 2014, 11:39:14 PM

Why not have 1 conference room? You can 2 TVs with 2 factions. The colonists could decide to share communications with both factions or keep 1 private. Still, the game most likely won't have 6 factions generated for you to pick a side on(imagine how chaotic this would be). So 4-6 factions with 2 or 3 factions to side with is my opinion.

Becuase you need to show your loyalty to both of them, and also they send convoys to you every once in awhile, so you want to keep the parts of your bases that have rebel infuelnces andor/ government infulences
Dragons!