Drugs : Tollerance, addiction

Started by Oragepoilu, October 28, 2016, 07:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oragepoilu

Hello,

I'm sure this topic must have been around multiple time ( I found some here, and some information on reddit/wiki).

However I'm still totally confused by the actual system even after reading multiple time some stuff around, and testing in game.

I am looking to know if there is some magic number I could use in the policies system to avoid addiction.

For instance, at first I was using some yayo/flake after a raid. Then I added a policy to allow my pawn to get one dose every 4 days for each with different mood level (17% and 5%) but it turned out that most my pawn got addicted quickly. (Was annoying to give manually)

Then I stopped using the flake (and use smoke leaf instead), but keep the yayo every 7 day if needed - but I still got one pawn that was able to get addicted to the yayo. None of my pawn have a trait that is drug related, and none of them did go on a binge for them or something like this.

I'v also added the beer every 2 day for joy - but it doesn't seem worth it.

Are drug even possible to use in a safe way that is still worth it ?
The only one that I could want to use often would be the luciferium, but it's not possible to find enough of it when you have a decent amount of pawn. (randy random)

Drugs show an addictivness stat but I don't know "how much I lost per day of it" or even if different dug affect each other (like flake/yayo as they use the same material)

Alpha393

Oragepoilu

Quote from: Alphanoob393 on October 28, 2016, 07:39:48 AM
Treat them like a cash crop

.. not the point here. Doesn't boost the mood/performance of my pawn.

mrKafe

IMO It is basically representing reality in that there is no way to safely use drugs withot risking addiction. Some will cause addiction faster others slower but all do in the end. I think it is the mechanic they are looking for: if you decide to benefit from the drugs you will need to cope with the negatives such as keeping a stock for your addicts or go through the withdrawal process.

carbon

Best information I've seen thus far can be found in this thread and the reddit posting linked therein.

Oragepoilu

@carbon

wow, sound the reddit link have quite a good amount of information. If it's true, I have my answer. thx ! *start reading*