A double layer of chunks is bettere then one?

Started by PhantomFav, July 19, 2017, 10:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomFav

A double layer of chunks is better then one to protect my paws during the shooting? The same is for a double layer of sandbag?

Vlad0mi3r

No you only get cover for the chunk you are directly behind. Other things can block line of sight, walls and such.

What it would do is give your opponent the opportunity to get cover from the double layer if they manage to get there.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

SpaceDorf

What you gain though is a bigger obstacle for melee units to cross or circumvent to get you your units, which could net you another salvo before retreating.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

stigma

As far as I know, multiple layers don't help.

Different cover has different defense though. Walls (you can keep corners) are great. Sandbags are also good.

Angles matter also - cover is only 100% effective if it is directly between you an the enemy, so very good cover is often alternating wall with sandbags (or doors - since it is very useful to be able to duck to safety if you are injured).

-Stigma

SpaceDorf

My favorite defense position is a three tiles wide wall with a layer of 2-3 chunks in front and on the sides.

The enhanced defense position is creating a U-Form by putting two walls on the side and a stone door in the middle.

I know that sandbags are better than chunks, but cost ressources while chunks are plenty and free.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

skullywag

Something else to keep in mind is pawns now climb up ontop the 1st chunk they find and continue at normal pace over subsequent ones, for true obstacles (to slow them down) you have to stagger them now to make them "climb down".
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?