What do you make for crafting training?

Started by East, July 17, 2017, 06:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East

It is too hard to raise the crafting level.

Clothes are made by making one or two pieces, and even the clothes of the enemy accelerate this point.

In order to produce a high grade weapon or component, production training is necessary, but it is difficult to know what to train.

What do you train for?

Is it still best to dress in a17 when the value of apparel sales is decreasing?

Vlad0mi3r

In order to get a pawns crafting skills up my method is as follows:

Plant a reasonable large patch of cotton 6x10 is heaps. When you start harvesting it get your pawn that you want up skilled to make Parkers. they use 120 cotton but have a lot of work required so a pawn with even a single flame passion will get up their skill level in a couple of seasons. Once they get to level 10 switch them over to component making and before you know it you'll have a level 20 crafter on hand.

Hope this helps.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

mcgnarman

I still do tailoring. I have the guy who is training make TShirts and set that max skill to what I need the stopping point be and set the minimum skill of other items to what my best tailors skill is at.

This way I'm always making clothes, but my low skill crafter only makes tshirts and the high skill makes everything else.

SpaceDorf

I have my pawns do whatever is needed to be crafted.

Even with 16+ people I have no ressources left for grinding.

There is medicine to be crafted, clothes and weapons to be repaired or recycled,
Cloth and Devilstrand needs to be woven,
and Dropships don't refuel themselves so I always need Chemfuel,

Blunts need to be rolled, drugs need to be cooked and pharmaceuticals have to be refined.
Cowboy hats need to be made to get rid of all the frackin' leather,
and my newbs need tools, toolbelts and full sets of gear.

I need components, have to build robots, prosthetics and mortar shells ..

so ... no, I don't craft for training :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

skullywag

Bows, tonnes of bows.

Meds/Drugs raise intellectual, not crafting, Stonecutting raises construction, not crafting.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Mkok

Maybe its because of my biome, but with all the manhunter packs and beavers I have so much leather Im happy to get rid of it by making clothes. Plus I have a large need for high quality clothes (anything below good is not worthy of my colonists  ;)). They also make good cash.

And if the leather is running low, If you have growing seasons in your biome, you can always grow some cotton or devilstrand.