I want to hear about exploit strategies!

Started by Tynan, March 21, 2016, 04:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Friend

Quote from: ReZpawner on June 03, 2017, 05:59:11 PM
Paint the floor with wires. Unless Tynan or Ison got wise to it and fixed it, that should keep the hives from spawning.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

East

Quote from: hoffmale on May 31, 2017, 08:15:45 AM
@Mattk50: Couldn't reproduce your kitchen setup in A17 (had to replace the wall between the 2 ingredient stockpiles with a door, which makes that way less exploit-y). What is your setup for the tile the colonist is standing on? If I had to guess, it's a stockpile for meals and a dining chair, but I'm not sure (and that's the only major detail I don't get from your screen shot)

a17 fix. Diagonal application of doors and walls has changed drastically.

Thraxon

It's not a real exploit, but now that "worn by a corpse" wear give malus and doesn't sell as good as normal one, i just undress downed ennemies.

And this make me think that a good strategy for early game, is to craft metal or wood club for all my pawns at the craft spot before the first raids. It is quite fast.
Then you can smatch all raiders, chock them, undress them, and have early full wear without crafting, and sell the rest. plus you can recruit l lot faster and sell unwanted prisonners.
Early chance of ko ennemies instead of dying make this efficient

Imade a real good start at randy extreme compare to my other games.

Omega_K2

It's possible to cheese outputs quests with just a handful of colonists equipped with sniper rilfes; enter the outpost and stay at the edge, shoot hostiles until they get in range to shoot back, leave area and rejoin it immediately and repeat the whole process until they start to flee.

Shurp

Repost from the "Sappers" thread:

For a non-tribal start, it's not hard to lure sappers into a killbox.  Put all your turrets somewhere else.  Wait for sappers to show up and decide to path through the (apparently safe) killbox.  Then plant your turrets there.  Laugh as killing commences.

I'm going to repost this in the "exploits" thread since it seems too easy.  Sappers should rethink where they're attacking when turrets show up.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

NiftyAxolotl

If a colony animal is sleeping on a sleeping spot, deconstructing the spot (which is instantaneous) will wake up the animal. I used this to get my untrained, sleeping turkeys out of the way of a night raid.

pdxsean

Here's a somewhat complex exploit regarding ancient dangers on temporary caravan maps, as spelled out in step by step instructions on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/6mdynm/psa_always_take_a_peek_at_the_ancient_danger/

Lowkey1987

Perhaps a new exploit...

I am in years 7 and i often order carawans. But i dont have use for tribal traders. What could i do with tribals?
Just started to call for shaman traders. They have good loot after all. I circle them and then the shooting beginns.

But i realise, mostly more than 5 pawns could be rescued. They go to prison, i patch them up and let them leave. And after this, my relationship is good enough to call another trader!

I know: When bandits attack, they have a chance to die (even if the wounds arent deadly). When a raid with 40 tribesman attack, mostly 4-6 "could" be rescued. If i have a carawan with 12 pawns, much more will go to prison after i raid them, like ...4-6.

Could be a Mod issue, but i dont use many mods and.. if it would, why should it seperate between raiders and visitors?

Mods: More Furniture [neeee], Trading Spot [neeee], Refugee Stats [neeee], Set up Camp[neeee], Hugs Lib [neeee], Medieval Times [Perhaps], Effencie lights [neeee], EPOE [neeee], More Vanilla Factions [neee]

leatra

I avoid using exploits of any kind in my "serious" playthroughs (which is Cassandra second-hardest setting with permadeath). I even build my bases like a village open in the wild several buildings close to each other rather than one giant base walled off with few entrances (with killboxes no less) as possible. This way always felt like the "proper" Rimworld experience to me.

But even then there are some things that I just can't drop even though it's detrimental to the Rimworld experience I'm aiming for.

Kiting mechs with a pawn wearing a shield for example. If I don't do this I just suffer too much casualties. I feel like mechs are too much OP compared to other attack events... or at least that's what I'm telling myself when I'm tricking them lol.

Another thing, making and selling wake-ups out of neurotrainers turns out too much of a profit in my opinion.

Penguinmanereikel

With a mountain base, I can make absolutely insane amounts of money just selling excess blocks. In fact, I don't even need a mountain base to do that. Somehow I keep having enough blocks to make hundreds of silver. Animals also produce WAY more fabric than needed, so there's always enough leather and hide to sell to pay back most things I buy just with that.

ax15r

Quote from: thedee05 on March 21, 2016, 05:50:04 PM
Bugs don't attack doors so it is easy to pop out shoot at the bugs and pop back in when they come at you. The retreating bug has it's back turned when it heads back so you pop out again and get a enfilade shot on it. Makes it really easy to deal with them even in close quarters.
what if someone used both that door trick and the long tunnel trick? extreme exploit found

pdxsean

A door-based exploit to build a table indoors while having the pawn outdoors to avoid outdoor penalty and tight space penalty.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/6nd160/cheesy_stonecutters_table_placement/

asanbr

I call in military aid to kill thrumbos.

With max rep, it doesn't cost too much to call in allies. The fur and horn by themselves repay with good profit the cost of buying back reputation.

Any loot weapons from dead allies is a bonus.

It does take a bit of work and planning to pull ofd so.maybe it isn't a pure exploit.

It also exposes me to some risk in case Randy throws something else at the same time.

Still feels cheesy though.