New update features

Started by juanval, March 22, 2016, 12:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimandevil

• Colonist family and social relationship system / Social relationships with friends, rivals, family, chats, arguments, and fights
  • Opinion system; pawns care about dozens of memories and situations to determine their opinions of each other
  • Family members out to cousins and beyond
  • Lovers, fiancees, marriages, ex-lovers, ex-spouses
  • Lovin'
  • People may get in social fights with those they dislike (even neutrals and enemies do this)
  • Marriage ceremonies and parties
hey, i've got an unofficial a13 title - SimsWorld
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

mumblemumble

I wouldn't say that,  but it certainly makes dealing with interpersonal relationships more complex than "abrasive people suck"
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Barley

I like the idea of animals attacking each other as well. Maybe we'll even see predication behaviors where foxes or wild wargs eat your chickens and stuff, so you have to defend them.

Mossy piglet

I foresee people gassing insect hives and living on jelly all winter. Also, my research only colonist will be happy with more projects. I know I will probably shoit wild predators and steal their kills. SO MUCH POTENTIAL!!!!!!
Tardigrades are superior to all other life forms in every way.

Ps I secretly am one I am the king of their civilization.

mumblemumble

Yeah,  i can see actually prioritizing a researcher early on, just to get up and running faster.

Im personally excited to see / deal with social interactions,  particularly with fights and such.  I could see arrests being made for fights,  or even just someone being an asshole too much. Would definitely make the jail system more interesting.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Tatte

I really hope EDB can come out with Prepare Carefully very soon after A13 release. With the whole family system it's going to be so cool. You could have the Swiss Family Robinson movie in-game! :D (Until they murder and eat eachother!)
~Tatte~

Match

Quote from: Tatte on March 27, 2016, 02:32:25 AM
I really hope EDB can come out with Prepare Carefully very soon after A13 release. With the whole family system it's going to be so cool. You could have the Swiss Family Robinson movie in-game! :D (Until they murder and eat eachother!)

Oh I'd love a "hills have eyes" group. Incestuous cannibals everywhere!

Mossy piglet

Very happy about new production and research. All I wanted since the first time I played was an independent colony. And maybe, just maube, I am a step closer to it.

AllenWL

Note sure what you mean by 'independent', but current colonies are pretty independent too. I've been able to get by without using the commns console while every faction was my enemy, and it's not that difficult.

Mossy piglet

Yeah, but I either play on challenge or freeplay. When it is on freeplay, you can't get by as easily because raiders can't give me much resources. Independent meant being able to get everything without the comma comsole.

rdz1122

Quote from: Innese on March 24, 2016, 03:39:51 PM
A13 hype!
What I look forward to the most from the list:
1. - Deeper research tree with more low-tech options and more things to research
2. - New fueled buildings: stove and generator
3. - Many more animals, some of which will hunt people

Low tech/no tech game here I come!

I agree; it would be great if we could select the tech level of the game during map generation.  Playing with Neanderthal or Medieval tech would be awesome, especially if you could limit the Raiders to similar (at least most).

panggul_mas

Quote from: rdz1122 on March 28, 2016, 11:38:43 AM
Quote from: Innese on March 24, 2016, 03:39:51 PM
A13 hype!
What I look forward to the most from the list:
1. - Deeper research tree with more low-tech options and more things to research
2. - New fueled buildings: stove and generator
3. - Many more animals, some of which will hunt people

Low tech/no tech game here I come!

I agree; it would be great if we could select the tech level of the game during map generation.  Playing with Neanderthal or Medieval tech would be awesome, especially if you could limit the Raiders to similar (at least most).

I also am most excited about early/low tech options. I think the idea of rimworld is that your planet has multiple communities of varying tech levels scattered across it, due to the eons-long/multi-wave and disaster prone process of deep space colonization, so mixed technology levels is the norm.

Having an option to set up a custom game with custom faction profiles would be fine though - landing on an all mechtoid planet for example with constant fallout (hello icesheet 3.0!)

Holy crap, that would be a really fun feature actually (and I know this is the wrong place to talk about it so i'm going to post it here instead:https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18072.0)

~

JimmyAgnt007

Quote from: Tynan on March 24, 2016, 05:02:50 PM
As for mountain bases, the infestations are there to punish dwarfing. They're quite dangerous, likely to kill people, and actually getting insect jelly is likely to be tricky and bloody.

Nothing will stop me from building my Dwarf Mountain Fortress!!!

Mossy piglet

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on March 29, 2016, 09:05:21 AM
Quote from: Tynan on March 24, 2016, 05:02:50 PM
As for mountain bases, the infestations are there to punish dwarfing. They're quite dangerous, likely to kill people, and actually getting insect jelly is likely to be tricky and bloody.

Nothing will stop me from building my Dwarf Mountain Fortress!!!

I saw a post like that coming, and I thought it would be you

AllenWL

Frankly speaking, underground insect infestations might make me try mountain bases just to see if I can, rather than make me not do mountain bases.

Mainly so I can keep the insects penned up as a type of 'kill switch' thing, and release them if it ever looks like we're going to get overrun or something among those lines.