Lovin'

Started by milesprower77, April 09, 2016, 05:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milesprower77

Just a little something I noticed about relationships when starting a new game. Two of my colonists became lovers only after a couple days; what's funny is that one is a vatgrown soldier, and the other is a castaway, so they both have zero social skill. I like to imagine them having the most socially inept encounters humanly possible.
But another thing I noticed is that, if you give a couple a double bed, they will make love. Even if one of the guy's little sister is sleeping in a bed 5 feet to the right. Or even if she's awake.

I feel like it would be interesting and even funny if a person got a negative mood debuff from seeing two people making love, especially if one of those people was a sibling/child/parent.

Mathenaut

Mood: 'What is he doing to my mom?' -5

mumblemumble

Well,  hard to say.  I do think privacy should be preferred,  but,  in a cramped colony,  i could see myself shagging my girl outside full privacy,  simply because i know how rough it is,  and me and her might not get more free time.

Also  ,  besides exes,  i don't think there should be mood debuffs for witnessing. Good siblings will understand,  adult children should understand,  and bystanders should understand.  Exes is difficult though,  i can understand an ex lover / wife being shagged by someone else setting them off,  driving them to drink.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Shurp

If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

christhekiller

Quote from: mumblemumble on April 09, 2016, 05:51:29 PM
Well,  hard to say.  I do think privacy should be preferred,  but,  in a cramped colony,  i could see myself shagging my girl outside full privacy,  simply because i know how rough it is,  and me and her might not get more free time.

Some may prefer a lack of privacy

sadpickle

Quote from: christhekiller on April 09, 2016, 07:12:26 PM
Some may prefer a lack of privacy
lol

In some cultures (typically tribal cultures where prudishness is not a concept) having sex in the open or without shame of others eavesdropping is fairly common. In the west it's hard to conceptualize. It's hard to say how humanity would approach the subject in the distant future, but my guess is more liberal than it does today.