I can't download mods with custom sounds

Started by Justas love, March 23, 2016, 04:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justas love

every error i get on a custom mod starts with unity engine. Don't know how to fix it, please help

Coenmcj

Hiya! Reckon you could upload your output log found in RimworldxxxWin / RimworldxxxWin_data?
Should be able to help us pinpoint the issue. :)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

milon

I'm always getting error notices about mp3's in my output log, but I've never actually seen a problem related to it.  All sounds & music (even in mods) work just fine for me.  What exactly is the error you're seeing?

Justas love

Quote from: milon on March 23, 2016, 07:17:40 PM
I'm always getting error notices about mp3's in my output log, but I've never actually seen a problem related to it.  All sounds & music (even in mods) work just fine for me.  What exactly is the error you're seeing?
I get errors on gun sounds and whenever i use the modded gun my game just laggs ALOT, and i get loads of errors

skullywag

Gonna need to know the mod you are referring to and see the error log of your game.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Justas love

Here, the only way i made it to work is just deleteing everything from the sounds folder and the sound def folder.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

skullywag

That path looks odd, is it on a network server drive or something, I dont think your setup is typical pc, am i right?

Justas love

My pc is getting repaired and im using my moms work pc atm

skullywag

have you only had the issue since being on your mums pc, it seems to be a permission problem at your end more than a mod issue.

Justas love

skullywag

Ok figured this out, its simply the path used by the game, it cant understand "//" at the start itll only accept "C:/" or some other letter, so make a shortcut to the games .exe and make sure the "target" box of the shortcut (right click, properties) has the drive letter version of the path and not the // version, so for example my target field is:

C:\Users\skullywag\Desktop\RimWorldAlpha12dWin\RimWorld914Win.exe

thatll fix the issue.

Justas love

Quote from: skullywag on March 25, 2016, 04:52:49 AM
Ok figured this out, its simply the path used by the game, it cant understand "//" at the start itll only accept "C:/" or some other letter, so make a shortcut to the games .exe and make sure the "target" box of the shortcut (right click, properties) has the drive letter version of the path and not the // version, so for example my target field is:

C:\Users\skullywag\Desktop\RimWorldAlpha12dWin\RimWorld914Win.exe
U sir are a living god, I had to download winrar just to fix the C:\ thing!!!!!!!!!! Duuuude im so happpppppy, been strugling with this for 2 months and i thaught no 1 can fix this!!!!!!!!! DUDE THANK YOU OMG!!!!!!

thatll fix the issue.