What constitutes disturbed sleep? Maybe my room setup is causing it???

Started by nuschler22, March 23, 2016, 09:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuschler22

So, I saw this room setup in a video.  I didn't think it caused disturbed sleep, but I'm getting the penalty quite often.  I have the 6x5 rooms with a shared door between them.  I know in previous alphas that it was considered a private room and that no penalty occurred.  The rooms are surrounded by either mountain or block walls.  Also, is it still 6x5 that gives the "spacious" bonus?   Thanks for the help in advance.

X - room
D - door
H-hallway
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
            H
XXXXXXDXXXXXX
XXXXXX  XXXXXX
XXXXXX  XXXXXX
XXXXXX  XXXXXX
XXXXXX  XXXXXX

Tynan

If a pawn goes through the door into one room, they might disturb the pawn in the other room, because they'll have opened the door to their room.

Don't be cheap, give each room a door!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Grimandevil

i really hope, with the new update we'll be able to stick 2 people in one room w/o mood debuffs.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Tynan

Quote from: Grimandevil on March 24, 2016, 03:44:57 PM
i really hope, with the new update we'll be able to stick 2 people in one room w/o mood debuffs.

If they're romantic partners, yes.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

nuschler22

Thanks for the responses.  Wasn't trying to be cheap, just efficient.

Also, does the 6x5 room still qualify as spacious?  Or is it bigger?

Thanks. :)

Garlandgreeneyes

Maybe with the new relationship system, "disturbed sleep" will be a mood buff! :)

humblebundle

Quote from: Grimandevil on March 24, 2016, 03:44:57 PM
I think it is weird, they also get that mood debuff if you only place a second bed in a room, which is hopefully a bug.

english is not my main language, that should explain a lot...

Grimandevil

Quote from: nuschler22 on March 24, 2016, 05:28:21 PM
Also, does the 6x5 room still qualify as spacious?  Or is it bigger?
i cant be 100% sure, but i believe space characteristic of a room aint calculated from dimensions alone. e.g. empty 4x5 room is considered 'rather tight', but if u stick much furniture in it, its 'cramped'.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.