More numbers for job priorities

Started by Fafn1r, March 24, 2016, 06:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fafn1r

More often than not when I set job priorities I wish there would be at least one more number. Would it be simple to add this? What is the design reason for having only 4 priority numbers?

flaillomanz

I wanted to bring up this exact topic, and felt it better to necro an old thread (even if it is very very dead; seriously, this is the only one i've found even mentioning it and it's got 600 views and no replies, from 2016???) than to make a new one. Sorry if this is poor forum ettiquette, everyone.

Anyway: the thing is, manual priorities are good, but even three more numbers would make it way easier to set up a pawn exactly how you want without a shadow of a doubt, able to tell at a glance even if their priorities are in a weird reverse order. While the manual priorities do fall back on the default order for duplicate numbers, the amount we're given to play with doesn't cover every workflow, especially in either a colony where there's not enough people to dedicate to particular jobs which would normally sit low in priority, or in large colonies where you might want to train up a less skilled pwn to be able to take over from one of your legendary peeps if they die. It's definitely more of a "small colony" issue, where certain jobs never get done unless you basically make one pawn dedicate their existence to doing all the worst jobs, and even then it can require multiples, such as a dedicated janitor, hauler or two, a repair/maintenence man to keep the legendary never-fails builder from deciding to wander halfway across the map in the middle of building a structure to go repair/maintain something... they add up.

It's not a massive issue, granted, but like... if y'all could consider just tweaking it to go to 8 or something that would be grand, and it certainly won't hurt right?

BlackSmokeDMax

Fluffy already has!

Check out his WorkTab mod (look in chart- available via both GitHub and Steam Workshop): https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16120.0

This lets you set priorities using 0-9 and also, it allows you to ctrl-click on job heading to expand them into sub-jobs for more precise adjusting! This has been one of my favorite mods for many years now!