Find your old base

Started by Dr. Z, January 30, 2014, 05:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

Someday, when the game is optimised to play the larger maps and there is some fog of war, so you can't see the entire map from the start, it would be awesome if you could find the ruins of the colony you played in a former game which was destroyed by raiders or, even better, if you just deleted the safe because you wanted a new game, your old people are still there and have expanded, so maybe there are friendly or may attack you, or you attack them or trade with them.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Bodog999

This would be very cool but than you need bigger maps cuz some bases are really really big

Trensicourt

Hmm......, what if the map is divided by sector with each base. In fact, this could be the solution to multi-player..... Sorry guys, I'm going to make another thread.

Edit:NVM
WHAT IS RIM WORLD? A RAIDER DEATH BALL. LITERALLY.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Dr. Z on January 30, 2014, 05:24:23 AM
Someday, when the game is optimised to play the larger maps and there is some fog of war, so you can't see the entire map from the start, it would be awesome if you could find the ruins of the colony you played in a former game which was destroyed by raiders or, even better, if you just deleted the safe because you wanted a new game, your old people are still there and have expanded, so maybe there are friendly or may attack you, or you attack them or trade with them.
An alla round neat idea. Very dwarf fortressy as-well.
It would be interesting for that to happen.. but perhaps t should only be added once we have an actual generated world to play around in. ( a world with multiple regions, so not just one ,map)
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

CodyRex123

Like the map cell idea, But other than that, i am pretty sure ittle be annoying to go around the map to trade and stuff,faster way of travel and qich swap betewwwn the cells so you can get back to your home would be reqired
Dragons!

Nukeman0

I would definately get goose- bons if i once discovered one of my former bunkers...

Although, the concept may "disturb" the game's setting of beiing in a rimworld in general

To put it in other words, all of your colonies may end up beiing on the same planet, which makes the planet like a "barracuda triangle"

I like the idea very much, because it adds a lot of story- based sweets, but if it will be implemented, we should at least make shure that the planet would seem "too much visited" from before of, since it's a rimworld.
Nukeman0