Soldier/Veteran Skill/Successful Defense Bonus

Started by ApexPredator, January 31, 2014, 06:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ApexPredator

So far I like the fear mechanic but I would like to see some skill or modifier that would reduce it. Some characters are combat veterans or marshals that would not be as effected or more used to seeing or creating dead bodies. Treat it like any other skill, the more you fight and kill the more desensitized you become to seeing death.

For a marooned space colony I would think there should be a happiness bonus for a successful defense of your colony from raiders. Maybe only to those that took part (drafted) in the fight, while non-drafted members have reduced happiness/increased fear during the fight.

I also would like to see more ways to remove bodies. I have a cemetery that is almost as big as my colony after 100 days. Some ideas:
mass graves - reduced happiness if you put colonists in them, maybe cost materials to make, maybe add ability to burn bodies in mass grave to make room.
Furnace - Smaller than MG but burns bodies completely in an hour or so.

chaotix14

Some way to deal with the corpses has been spammed frequently, so yeah they are very well aware that something has to be added to deal with that aspect. Currently there are ways to deal with corpses though they are quite annoying. Frag grenades and blasting charges can destroy corpses(which requires multiple explosions), or use fire with molotovs/ incindiary launchers.(you can target launch pads with incindiaries, the corpses will burn but the pad will not take any damage)

The fear mechanic you discribe is quite interesting, and I would like to see it in the game. It would add something to the pure missery that the raiders currently are, with the wounding colonists and leaving their corpses to decrease happiness everywhere.

Untrustedlife

This might be brutal, but tynan has said we will be able to use bodies of raiders/colonists as food and use the skins to make clothing.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Cyclops

"Hey, Bob! Awesome coat! Where did you get it?"
"I got it off Mike."
"Didn't Mike die in the last raid?"
"Exactly."
"..."
"..."
"..."