The UNofficial alpha 13 features discussion!

Started by Headshotkill, March 24, 2016, 03:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headshotkill

Share what you think of the upcoming alpha 13's features, discuss and create flame-war drama's like only internet forums can!

I'll start off, with the upcoming feature of underground insect hives I wondered, how can we respond to this threat and do we get to see how far the underground infestation has gone? Maybe the ground at the surface looks different with tendrills and stuff, maybe we can keep the infestation outside our base by flooring up?

Grimandevil

i wonder if the insects only burrow thru soft ground, or they being added to bring doom on cheaty mountain colonies.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

erdrik

Quote from: Grimandevil on March 24, 2016, 03:56:06 PM
i wonder if the insects only burrow thru soft ground, or they being added to bring doom on cheaty mountain colonies.
Tynan responded saying they were specifically to punish mountain colonies. So I imagine they will be something you unleash on yourself while mining.

My hope is that they can burrow under walls, or are really good at destroying walls, so you can't just close up the hive when discovered.

humblebundle

It is fun, after watching my colonists getting sick, i placed a tv in the hospital, but sadly it wont work, but it will in alpha 13 <3
But im a bit worried about the insect hives, i hope they don't get very annyoing, the mountain thing would be very unrealistic.
english is not my main language, that should explain a lot...

HartfulFlash

I like the premise of constant manhunting animals. In my games, I hope for a manhunting group of animals because I have so many turrets at choke points that I just end up with lots of meat and leather.

NuclearNate

I am personally excited about the bug nests. I totally plan on finding and controlling the nest in order to steal their jelly! It's like a much more dangerous bee farm. And if this is not possible, I look forward to conquering these vermin, waging bloody war within the walls of the mountain.  OOORRRRRR figure out some way to sick em on some unsuspecting mechanoids whilst dropping mortars on the whole bunch...  and then stealing their jelly!!! This is gonna be great!