Removing roof

Started by Nova, January 29, 2014, 02:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

Is there any way to remove roof without removing any near wall? Mods, Hacks, debug menu, I don't care, I just want to remove this roof. ^^

(Removing every wall only works partly. Some parts of the roof stay.)

Cremons

I've would love to do this as well. Yesterday I accidentally connected a large outside area.

However, I'm assuming this isn't implemented yet. Can anyone confirm this?

Semmy

Roofs are automaticly build over an enclosed area. They are supported upto about 7 tiles away.

Roofing will undergo chances towards the future. If it is in the next major update i dont know.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Nova

That's nice and all, but I just want to remove them. Is there any mod, hack or possibility to edit a save game to remove the roof at a given point?

Semmy

I will move this topic to the modding section.
I think you will get a better and clearer answer there.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

keensta

I'm was planning to look into this type of thing mainly because it slightly gets on my nerves but for now I suggest seeing if this http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1560.0 still works for alpha 1 saves I think it does remove roofs not 100% sure.

Only problems I'd have implement such a thing is trying to locate the roof you want removing rather then removing them all which might work if the game auto rebuilds them all.
Check out my RimWorld SaveEditor
It removes slag and rock debris.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

Straykiller

How about making the roof a thing that the player must build and use resources to do so. The auto building roofs have caused me a lot of headaches, if it were possible to build and disassemble them like the other buildable items in game that would be amazing.

Cdr.Keen

yes, i think this needs a workout. yesterday, i roofed some of my solar panels and didn't noticed it.

they were placed in a gap between the mountain and one of my buildings. i extended a wall and the gap was filled with a roof too.
be water my friend!

archknight

i would say this topic is now obsolete