dont buy this game because its bad and the dev is inactive
0 (0%)
dont buy because the dev is inactive.
2 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 205

ApesUpt

I want to know if this game is fun and if it will ever be finished

Innese

Yes. I easily have more hours in playing this game than my entire Steam library combined. Tynan (The dev) is just back from a well-earned vacation and things are about to get rolling once again \o/

ApesUpt

Noobshock

It's worth it right now already if you like sandbox/crafting type games in general.

It's highly recommendable if you enjoy RTS / resource management also.

Dev is active, not sure how long that'll last, but as long as he is the sky is the limit here.

Shurp

It's cheap, it's fun, and if you get bored with it you can let out your inner serial killer and have fun butchering people and wearing their skin.  What more can you ask for?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Barley

Quote from: Shurp on March 26, 2016, 03:20:32 PM
It's cheap, it's fun, and if you get bored with it you can let out your inner serial killer and have fun butchering people and wearing their skin.  What more can you ask for?

The ability to harvest your enemy's organs for cash. Which you can also do in Rimworld.

Headshotkill

Also worth mentioning is the fact this game has an awesome and talented modding community adding countless hours of playtime to an already addictive game!

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Innese

mumblemumble

The only ONLY complaint i have for rimworld is the game is inherently micromanagement in many ways.  Managing storage,  equipment,  cooking crafting,  ect. Of course its a management game,  but it can get tiring for less patient people.

That and i wish we could manually target organs ala fallout 1 / 2 in combat.

But the poll and Tynan are right,  really good game,  and a new update should be out within the next 30 days,  but this is an estimate of mine,  not Tynan.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Col_Jessep

Quote from: mumblemumble on March 26, 2016, 08:53:12 PM
The only ONLY complaint i have for rimworld is the game is inherently micromanagement in many ways.  Managing storage,  equipment,  cooking crafting,  ect. Of course its a management game,  but it can get tiring for less patient people.
At this point I'd like to recommend Dwarf Fortress to you. If nothing else it will give you perspective on what the word micromanagement really, truly means... ;P

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

Headshotkill

Quote from: Col_Jessep on March 27, 2016, 04:11:02 AM
At this point I'd like to recommend Dwarf Fortress to you. If nothing else it will give you perspective on what the word micromanagement really, truly means... ;P

Exactly, don't get me wrong, I love Dwarf Fortress but I find myself playing modded Rimworld 90% of the time because it's more relaxing yet just as rewarding as DF. Sometimes I just feel as if Dwarf fortress is a bit too intense for me to fully enjoy and have FUN, even though I understand the ASCII and mechanics of the game.

humblebundle

These people can still play call of dodo or counter-strike global farming
english is not my main language, that should explain a lot...

mumblemumble

That is quite a stretch,  comparing it to cod players.  I never said it wasn't enjoyable,  just burning myself out on it is easy since managing things can get exhausting after several hours.

Still adore the game,  but i wouldn't want to play it for 8 hours on end,  because personally,  i would be mentally exhausted by then

And I'm pretty sure a few other people understand what i mean,  its a lot like anything else really rewarding,  that its very fun,   but takes more effort put into it than say just running around in some other game.  Not saying rimworld is bad because of it,  not at all,  but it can be draining to play for very long periods of time,  compared to something else.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Fluffy (l2032)

@mumble, you might want to try some of my mods - they're pretty much all quality of life improvements aimed at reducing micro, or making it easier to manage a list of pawns.